::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I get one every time we go to Chick-Fil-A!! Recently that's been a couple of times a week....

Eff Chick-Fil-A. I don't usually jump on boycotts - but that damn place will never see a penny of my money.

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

He wouldn't use the word "remission", yet. I'm only 31 days past my receipt of the modified t-cells. If I continue to do this well until day 90, then he'll be ready to declare remission....

Eff Chick-Fil-A. I don't usually jump on boycotts - but that damn place will never see a penny of my money.

same

I have some LGBQT friends that go into a local store, purchase soft drinks and make out if the owner is there. He's been known to take a public anti-LGBQT stance and donate to local anti-gay movements. It's kind of funny. He says they have like a phone tree when someone notices the owners car out in the parking lot.

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Yay!

Same results as one of my co-workers son.

Yahooo!!!!!

same

I have some LGBQT friends that go into a local store, purchase soft drinks and make out if the owner is there. He's been known to take a public anti-LGBQT stance and donate to local anti-gay movements. It's kind of funny. He says they have like a phone tree when someone notices the owners car out in the parking lot.

Did I mix up the T and the Q?

That's awesome news Don. So happy for you.

You made Monday a happy day and that's rare for a teacher :)

He wouldn't use the word "remission", yet. I'm only 31 days past my receipt of the modified t-cells. If I continue to do this well until day 90, then he'll be ready to declare remission....

Don, this is wonderful news! May I copy and post your explanation on the UWC FB page? Peeps wanna hear this!

Congrats Don!! So glad it worked out and this is the besrt news of the day. This gets

KFPOTY!!!

I have something in my eye.

Goes to show, you don’t mess with the PoHoMoJo.

What Kenvin said. Mine too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom