::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I was hoping to be able to learn how to sing a Hawaiian song but this looks like it's going to be an uphill battle.

E Huli Makou.
I know you can do that one.
Super easy.
Sure, it may not be that glamorous or great of a song, but if you learn that one, the next one will be easier.
The words are simple and repeat A LOT.
Three chords.
I know you can do it!

My neighbor had his downspout come off, so he just has one elbow coming off his gutter. We are having a steady light rain. The water is coming out this elbow and falling about eight feet into a puddle at the corner of his house. It's a pleasant babbling brook sound. Enjoy the simple things.

E Huli Makou.
Super easy.
Sure, it may not be that glamorous or great of a song, but if you learn that one, the next one will be easier.
Three chords.
I know you can do it!

Because more than three chords, is just showing off?

E Huli Makou.
Super easy.
Three chords.
I know you can do it!

I can do that one. :)

E Huli Mākou
By David Chung
Vamp: G7 C7 F
F
E huli, e huli mākou
G7
e huli, e huli mākou
C7
Kou maka, kou lima me kou kino e
F
Ke aloha mai

F
I mua, i mua mākou
G7
i hope, i hope mākou
C7
F
Ke aloha mai

F
E huli, e huli hoʻi mai
G7
e huli, e huli hoʻi mai
C7
Kou maka, kou lima, me kou kino e
F
Ke Aloha Mai

The other fun thing about that song is ALL hula dancers know it. It is a "beginner" or Keiki (kids) song that everyone who learns hula learns to dance.
So if you bust that out around a hula dancer, they will dance it.
The words are literally the directions of how to dance the hula.
Turn, go forward, go back, return

Your eyes, your hands, express love.

I was told there are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian language. Same reason?

I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that though.
Polynesians have a close family of languages. Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Maori (New Zealand) native speakers of their language will be able to understand others. They have different consonants.
Tahiti, for example, has T and R.
Samoa has F.
Hawaiian - Aloha
Tahitian - Aroha
Samoan - Alofa

Sometimes you will hear Hawaiian speakers use other consonants like S and V and T, even in recordings.
Iz says "titate" (tee tah tay) in the song Ka Huila Wai but the word is Pikake (a flower) so yeah there is a lot going on.

The other fun thing about that song is ALL hula dancers know it. It is a "beginner" or Keiki (kids) song that everyone who learns hula learns to dance.
So if you bust that out around a hula dancer, they will dance it.
The words are literally the directions of how to dance the hula.
Turn, go forward, go back, return

Your eyes, your hands, express love.

The hokie pokie?

E Huli Mākou
By David Chung
Vamp: G7 C7 F
F
E huli, e huli mākou
G7
e huli, e huli mākou
C7
F
Ke aloha mai

F
I mua, i mua mākou
G7
i hope, i hope mākou
C7
F
Ke aloha mai

F
E huli, e huli hoʻi mai
G7
e huli, e huli hoʻi mai
C7
Kou maka, kou lima, me kou kino e
F
Ke Aloha Mai

Damon, we should do a couple Hawaiian songs at UWC. I remember my first year there being so surprised at how few Hawaiian numbers people play. I think you and I were pretty lucky with all the exposure we got to it at Island Bazaar early on.

Damon, we should do a couple Hawaiian songs at UWC. I remember my first year there being so surprised at how few Hawaiian numbers people play. I think you and I were pretty lucky with all the exposure we got to it at Island Bazaar early on.

Yes I have a lot more to choose from now repertoire-wise.
That first year I did two Hawaiian songs and got a lot of positive feedback from folks.
David Dawg and Dominator were the two that really touched me.

Yes I have a lot more to choose from now repertoire-wise.
That first year I did two Hawaiian songs and got a lot of positive feedback from folks.
David Dawg and Dominator were the two that really touched me.

Immaturely giggling at my desk.

Fuqed....now the mouse doesn't work on my laptop....can't really do a thing....might need a USB keyboard and mouse get off all our pictures and stuff then get a new one.....sigh....

Oh yeah busy day yesterday....summer was having an insane headache so went to the pediatrician....they ruled out all illnesses and she told them she felt weak and her blurred vision and all....sent us to ER for ct scan to rule out seizure.....all came back ok and they just ruled it a severe headache ...gave her super Advil, turdol??? Then sent us home at 1130.....

Oh yeah busy day yesterday....summer was having an insane headache so went to the pediatrician....they ruled out all illnesses and she told them she felt weak and her blurred vision and all....sent us to ER for ct scan to rule out seizure.....all came back ok and they just ruled it a severe headache ...gave her super Advil, turdol??? Then sent us home at 1130.....

Luckily today was a slower day at work I was tired. I was almost finished work by noon.....I tackled almost everything fast and had it done quick with all my work and cleaning.

The cleaning aspect is huge for me. I feel like you gotta have pride where you work. They just let the place get all crappy looking. They never use a cleaner for the boil kettle or the mash tun they just rinse and repeat...I guess if things work then why not but I would have my things sparkly every night

I am slowly cleaning things as I have the time to. Today I wiped the entire mashtun down and got off any sticky crap that was baked on it.

Top Bottom