Hello from Bangalore, India!

Hi Monk,

I am in Auroville and looking for a beginner uke. Standard soprano type. Did you order yours from a shop in Bangalore? I would not mind visiting Bangalore to pick one up! Any tips on getting one? Would you say to get it online or order from a shop? Prices to expect?

Aloha Monkinmerc,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and have fun and enjoy...congrats on your new purchase of your ukulele, hope it get ther quickly..Google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for some awesome ukulele
video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs, chords, and instructions....and thanks for spreading it to your friend in Mumbai...Happy Strummings..MM Stan....

Ukulele Delih

Uku aficionado from Delhi.....would love to play....Ukulele lady and red blue and grey soon

Aloha & Welcome to the UU and our Forums! You haven't posted for quite some time ... I hope you're still playing the uke. Give us an update on your progress. Hope to see you around the Forums.

Hey dude, I have lots of family in India and have visited about 10-12 times usually around Ahmedabad, Baroda, and U.P.

hey monkinmerc, I'm from bangalore too. I've been a big fan of ukuleles for a long time now...tried buying one but gave up when I went to a shop and saw the expression on the guy's face when I mentioned "ukulele". The guy really thought I was kidding or playing some kind of a prank and screamed at me for wasting his time. Well... the last part is not entirely true but it could've been. Anyway, when I explained what it was and asked him if he can get it for me from somewhere, he seemed to think it was a waste of time getting just one instrument no one else buys. So monkinmerc!....did you finally get your's? Where did you get it from. Can you give me the address or phone number of the shop?

sorry :p
hadn't read the full thread..
will try at arul guitars next..thanks benny thomas!

indian uke enthusiasts

hey my fellow indian uke enthusiasts.... i am from mumbai...... do check out my page when convenience permits www.youtube.com/josnza

cheers'

peace, love, ukulele

Hi Andrea :D

Welcome to UU! IAnd welcome to the Ukulele! Such a fun and versatile instrument! Always brings a smile to my face when I finish my uni work and I think "now I can play some songs!" YAY!

I'm Joey, just turned 30 and owner of 8 Ukuleles - yes I have UAS! I'm already saving up for my custom which will be number 9! I started playing in August 2010 and love every second of it! A great bunch of people here and you'll learn so much!

Pull up a chair by the fire place, we'll talk and strum a few tunes together! We're a friendly bunch :D

Joey :music:

Hi from Bangalore too

I saw in your reply that your from bangalore
and play the or want to play the uke
This is a great coincendence cause i'm looking
for people to play the ukulele with in bangalore.
if your interested let me know!!!

Greetings, Uke lovers!

Am excited to be part of UU with you all.
The uke is practically unheard of in India. I got hooked seeing the youtube videos by many of you.
Am waiting for a uke to come into stock(as told by the shopkeeper) on this 16th.
Am hoping it will be a good product as I don't know how well the local maker know about ukes.

Meanwhile, you keep strumming:).

Ukelele

Very cool man, welcome to the club! I've always wanted to visit india, and I will someday. Hopefully we'll get to see you play on some videos soon!

Is there any classes/ group of Ukulele Players? How can I join. someone plz help.

Very nice! I like your page, you are very talented. Welcome to UU.

hey my fellow indian uke enthusiasts.... i am from mumbai...... do check out my page when convenience permits www.youtube.com/josnza

cheers'

peace, love, ukulele

Hi everyone,
I too am from Bangalore (sorry monkinmerc :p), waiting for my uke (I'll get it in 3 days). I can't wait to start strummin'. I've had a little practice with the guitar, so getting comfortable with the uke shouldn't be hard (I hope). Great to meet you all!!

Cheers Anup

on!

Hi everyone,
I too am from Bangalore (sorry monkinmerc :p), waiting for my uke (I'll get it in 3 days). I can't wait to start strummin'. I've had a little practice with the guitar, so getting comfortable with the uke shouldn't be hard (I hope). Great to meet you all!!

Cheers Anup

Hi,

After a long gap, I have taken up the Ukulele again. Hope to stick to it this time :)

Top Bottom