Summer NAMM: Kelii

Mim

Reaction score
Ok, Ok... I know these have been out there for awhile, but I really have not had the opportunity to play a Kelii. But even in the loud chaotic mess of sound known as NAMM, these Keliis stood out! Sweet tone, sweet feel, Just a playable amazing ukulele.

So... I look at the price!

HOLY COW GUYS!!! THEY ARE AFFORDABLE!!!

I was shocked! Hawaiian made, Koa, or Mahogany, or Koa Mahogany combo. A solid Koa super soprano for under $500? Seriously. I had to ask, "Wait... is that the retail cost? Seriously? Retail? Like... I sell this uke for that?"

I have customers who are always asking for American or Hawaiian made under a certain price point, and I hate saying, "I dont have that. Sorry." But these, are really great!!! And they sound super!

And I thought, "People need to know how awesome these are!"

So here I am telling you, "These are awesome! Especially for the cost!"

And unfortunately I did not take a ton of pictures! Dont ask me why!

So, here ya go! The little bit of pictures I have. These are simple, not a lot of flair, just a simple, well made, solid, American made, Hawaiian made, Hawaiian sounding ukulele.

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

I love Kelii's. I think they are horribly underrated.

I'm thinking of buying one soon. Quality-wise, what are they comparable to?

And they went back to friction tuners Hooray.

I'm weeping openly...

Seriously. I want every one of them.

I'm thinking of buying one soon. Quality-wise, what are they comparable to?

Hard to compare. Anyone who has had one longer, please chime in. I would say it is lighter than a Kamaka, but has a lot of the same finish and feel. There are some things that aren't quite the same. But man do they sing!

I had an older concert (2001) for a while, and it was a little rustic in finish compared to a Kanile'a, but it was so easy to play and had a great earthy sound, looked great and I miss it so (sob, sob). And it had friction tuners.

It is! It reminds me of my dog's fur. Can you request that? Can you ask them for a fur 'ukulele? Well, not real fur, of course.

Hahaha! Yes, everyone has the look they like. Yes, I suppose you could! I always take pics of each uke I sell so people can fall in love with the grain that "calls to them"

I was just recommending Kelii in another thread. Are you going to start carrying them? That'd be very cool...

I've had a soprano for a few years now and it's usually one of the first instruments out of the case when I feel like playing. Kelii is so very underrated. Huge bang for the buck. No bells and whistles or bling, but just solid light construction,sweet tone and the easiest playing of any uke I've got. Kelii is right up there with any other K brand I've got or played on and priced within a lot more budgets.

I can see it from where I'm sitting and it's been calling me all morning.

I was just recommending Kelii in another thread. Are you going to start carrying them? That'd be very cool...

I've had a soprano for a few years now and it's usually one of the first instruments out of the case when I feel like playing. Kelii is so very underrated. Huge bang for the buck. No bells and whistles or bling, but just solid light construction,sweet tone and the easiest playing of any uke I've got. Kelii is right up there with any other K brand I've got or played on and priced within a lot more budgets.

I can see it from where I'm sitting and it's been calling me all morning.

Yes, I am going to start carrying those. I brought one of each home from NAMM of the Koa. Actually I lie. One is Koa/Mahogany.

How it works. The headstocks have the Kelii written in Gold, Silver, or Bronze.

Gold: All Solid Koa
Silver: Solid Koa top Solid Mahogany back and sides
Bronze: All Solid Mahogany

I have a Gold Soprano, a Gold Super Soprano, a Silver Concert and a Gold Tenor.

Then... I will order more once I sell off some of the stock I bought (kinda have way to many ukes in stock right now... haha).

I love Kelii's. I think they are horribly underrated.

Absolutely right. These somehow seem to have been lost in the shuffle of other brands, particularly the Big Boys. But not only are they Hawaiian made with solid woods, they are of very high quality for a production instrument, and do sound wonderful.

Then... I will order more once I sell off some of the stock I bought (kinda have way to many ukes in stock right now... haha).

Hmm... got a little carried away, didja, Mim? I can't imagine how that happened! ;)

Starting to think about these Kelii 'ukes...

Hmm... got a little carried away, didja, Mim? I can't imagine how that happened! ;)

Starting to think about these Kelii 'ukes...

I am the queen of it! When I get everything on my shelf I will count and let yall know. I know it is over 400. Yes, I know I know. I gots some work to do!

Top Bottom