aNueNue owners, need your help, please

I don't think it's a Moon Bird if it has a cedar top. The Moon Bird designation refers to the type of Swiss Spruce they use for the top. But, maybe things have changed since I last looked at their website.

Shows you what I know. Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

Wow, I totally missed that, too! Sort of, missing a specific tree within the forest...?

The UC214 looks to be a special edition developed for The Ukulele Site-- switching out the Moon Spruce top, but maintaining the same fret markers and sound hole rosette to preserve the "moon" otherwise.

Very cool!

~ S.

Wow, I totally missed that, too! Sort of, missing a specific tree within the forest...?

The UC214 looks to be a special edition developed for The Ukulele Site-- switching out the Moon Spruce top, but maintaining the same fret markers and sound hole rosette to preserve the "moon" otherwise.

Very cool!

~ S.

It's actually an exclusive model to World of Ukes: https://worldofukes.co.uk/concert-ukuleles/anuenue-uc-214-cedar-moon-bird-concert-ukulele-exclusive
Or at least it was supposed to be. That listing doesn't say that it is (or was) a used one so I'm assuming it's new. Maybe they made a batch for the Ukulele Site / aNueNue USA as well. There's a tenor version of this one too.

It's actually an exclusive model to World of Ukes: https://worldofukes.co.uk/concert-ukuleles/anuenue-uc-214-cedar-moon-bird-concert-ukulele-exclusive
Or at least it was supposed to be. That listing doesn't say that it is (or was) a used one so I'm assuming it's new. Maybe they made a batch for the Ukulele Site / aNueNue USA as well. There's a tenor version of this one too.

Hi all. I got one of the tenor Cedar Moon Birds (UT214) from Kalei about 9 months ago. I think the orig Cedar moon birds were designed for world of ukes a few years ago. I spoke with Kalei last summer (2020) if AnuenueUsa was going to get any cedar top ukes. He had told me that he had a few different models coming down the pipeline because he loves the cedar sound. but he didn't know when he was going to get those shipments (few months down the line). Turns out those ukes ended up being the Cedar moon birds and the Hawaiian dreams series. He called me when he got the first UT214 because I had been talking to him about it. He only got 1 of the tenor and 1 of the concert in the first shipment. I know his second shipment (a few months ago) all went to HMS as an HMS exclusive. I think there were like 5 or 6 tenors but those went super quick, like a few days.

Here is mine. I swapped out the tuners for gold UPTS.
IMG_2801.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hi all. I got one of the Cedar Moon Birds (UT214) from Kalei about 9 months ago. I think the orig Cedar moon birds were designed for world of ukes a few years ago. I spoke with Kalei last summer (2020) if AnuenueUsa was going to get any cedar top ukes. He had told me that he had a few different models coming down the pipeline because he loves the cedar sound. but he didn't know when he was going to get those shipments (few months down the line). Turns out those ukes ended up being the Cedar moon birds and the hawaian dreams series. He called me when he got the first UT214 because I had been talking to him about it. He only got 1 of the tenor and 1 of the concert in the first shipment. I know his second shipment (a few months ago) all went to HMS as an HMS exclusive. I think there were like 5 or 6 tenors but those went super quick, like a few days.

Here is mine. I swapped out the tuners for gold UPTS.

Thanks for the info. So basically it's like I thought, aNueNue made a few of the same models for the Ukulele site that previously were World of Ukes exclusives. Basically, the info on those old listings on WoU is outdated.

Thanks for the info. So basically it's like I thought, aNueNue made a few of the same models for the Ukulele site that previously were World of Ukes exclusives. Basically, the info on those old listings on WoU is outdated.

Yes I believe you are right. I used the World of Ukes pages when I was talking to Kalei. I had sent him links to the Light Bird (cedar/Mahogany) and the Cedar Moonbirds that they had an exclusive for. I think the WoU exclusive was 2017 or 2018 and they even had the WoU logo etched into the back of the headstock.

I desparately wanted one of the Cedar Birds when World of Ukes had them, but I was not in the financial position to buy one at the time....

Happily I was lucky enough to snag a Cedar Bird concert last year from HMS. I happened to be checking out the HMS channel on Vimeo and saw a video for the Cedar Bird that had just been published. I checked the HMS website and didn't see it, so they gave them a call saying I would love to buy it, and a few days later it was in my hands! I absolutely love it. Very close in sound to my regular Moon Birds, just a bit warmer, and not quite as bell like sounding to me. I have totally fallen for the sound, feel, and fit of of the Anuenue Birds. I just ordered an aNueNue Lion Orange Tenor (aka LOUT, a cedar/koa and totally orange uke build in the style of the birds), and am also hoping to snag one of the next Cedar Bird Tenors to come through HMS. Something about the aNueNue birds just really does it for me. I can't count the number of timea I picked one up late in the evening and started to play, then had to play another, and then suddently realized my armes were aching and I had been playing for hours when I should have been sleeping! One day I hope aNueNue will do a cedar top / macassar ebony body moonbird uke, I'd love to hear that combo of tonewoods most of all! That would be my dream uke!

Top Bottom