Howdy from Texas

Siv

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just ordered my first ukulele from Uke Republic and hope to have it here soon.

I dabbled with the guitar a tiny bit in my youth but as my daughter has shown an interest in making music, I thought I would try starting again with the ukulele. I'm looking forward to having something new to learn and experience and I'm sure that 4 strings will make it easier than 6!

Hello everyone. I just ordered my first ukulele from Uke Republic and hope to have it here soon.

I dabbled with the guitar a tiny bit in my youth but as my daughter has shown an interest in making music, I thought I would try starting again with the ukulele. I'm looking forward to having something new to learn and experience and I'm sure that 4 strings will make it easier than 6!

Welcome from Houston - at least we don't have to worry about ukuleles drying out around here!

Welcome y'all. I hope you and your daughter enjoy your uke. It's a lot of fun.

Welcome to UU, Siv!

I started when my oldest had some ukulele classes in school. After the initial honeymoon she didn't show much interest anymore, but I caught the bug! Hope you love it as well.

My uke arrived! It's beautiful. I'm strumming away right now.

50839106026_551240a883_c.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome!
The typical question is "whereabouts in Texas?"
I'm from Nacogdoches.

I also ordered from One Republic and I really liked the quality of the ukulele.

Uke is beautiful, When you feel ready try tuning it with a low G, if not already. That would take advantage of the more mellow warm sound of the mahogany - pineapple combination. Have fun. Any where near Cypress? Ever go to Rockin Robin? The Hobbit Restaurant?

Uke is beautiful, When you feel ready try tuning it with a low G, if not already. That would take advantage of the more mellow warm sound of the mahogany - pineapple combination. Have fun. Any where near Cypress? Ever go to Rockin Robin? The Hobbit Restaurant?

I just bought another uke with low G - I'm loving it!

Not been to either restaurant but the Hobbit place is somewhere we're definitely going to when things are back to normal.

Top Bottom