Twisted Wood Ukuleles

Reaction score
Hi there,
I’m Alun from Twisted Wood!
Twisted Wood is a musical instrument manufacturer based in Canada, specializing in ukuleles.
We are long-time followers of Ukulele Underground, and want to get involved in the ever-growing community of musicians here.
I wanted to drop into these forums so I can take a proactive role in any uke-based conversations, and share any updates, reviews, and blog posts with all of you. I will also be on-hand as a point of contact for anyone who has a question about any of our products.

It’s a pleasure to meet you all, and I’m looking forward to answering any questions and discussing all things ukulele!

Alun

Last edited:
Hi Merlin666!

Most of our ukuleles are carefully handcrafted to our exact design, bracing, build, and finish specifications in China.
Any and all of our custom shop instruments are handcrafted here at our workshop in AB, Canada.

Alun

Hi Merlin666! Most of our ukuleles are carefully handcrafted to our exact design, bracing, build, and finish specifications in China. Any and all of our custom shop instruments are handcrafted here at our workshop in AB, Canada. Alun

Welcome Alun. What is your custom price for a tenor cutaway uke made with myrtle in a grey green grain?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Welcome Alun. What is your custom price for a tenor cutaway uke made with myrtle in a grey green grain?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

i would contact the builder direct by email or phone asking about wood options seems reasonable here but maybe pricing,shipping,etc better in a private message. in fact i hardly see custom builders advertising their prices in public

****oh sorry i see that Alun did request you contact him by email for pricing...makes sense to me** saw his reply after i sent my message

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Alun! Full disclosure up front: I teach 'ukulele lessons at a store that recently became a Twisted Wood dealer. I'll try to record my impressions without sounding like an advertisement...

Twisted Wood 'ukulele are instruments that really deserve to be better known in the United States. They are lightly and soundly constructed, deep-bodied and resonant, with a thin satin finish, tasteful appointments, and an affordable price tag. All 6-12 examples I've played have arrived in very comfortably playable condition right out of the box, and I say that as someone accustomed to far more expensive instruments.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Alun! Full disclosure up front: I teach 'ukulele lessons at a store that recently became a Twisted Wood dealer. I'll try to record my impressions without sounding like an advertisement...

Twisted Wood 'ukulele are instruments that really deserve to be better known in the United States. They are lightly and soundly constructed, deep-bodied and resonant, with a thin satin finish, tasteful appointments, and an affordable price tag. All 6-12 examples I've played have arrived in very comfortably playable condition right out of the box, and I say that as someone accustomed to far more expensive instruments.

Thank you for your kind words!
We're always striving to improve our products and make the best ukuleles possible. We're so glad that you've had a great experience with our instruments!

Alun

Top Bottom