::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So this happened. . .

I got a video by text from B V-B this morning. He records his music but masks the camera. So blank video, but he had arranged chord melody and recorded the lullaby we used to sing them at bedtime. He played it beautifully. At the end, barely above a whisper, "I love you Mom & Dad."

Listening to it melted Mrs Pere's face. I got something in my eye.

It was the perfect Christmas gift.

There may be hope for that kid yet. Happy for you, TSM....

So this happened. . .

I got a video by text from B V-B this morning. He records his music but masks the camera. So blank video, but he had arranged chord melody and recorded the lullaby we used to sing them at bedtime. He played it beautifully. At the end, barely above a whisper, "I love you Mom & Dad."

Awwwwwwww
How lovely.
Mahalo for sharing.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
Still five hours to go until midnight, but everyone is already going crazy with fireworks.
Fireworks are illegal here.
Nanilei's sister says it feels like we are in Syria or something.
There is a guy two doors down launching mortars that are literally shaking the house.
Nuts!

Oh, good idea Gary - I have an Android phone, but Nanilei has an iPhone, so maybe I can install Disney+ on her phone and then AirPlay to the Apple TV!

Happy new year!

Plenty of fireworks going off for the last twenty minutes.

So this happened. . .

Oh Padre’. Now I’ve got something in my eye.

Blue skies and sunshine today so far. We have snow on the ground. It's supposed to get into the low 40s today and 46 tomorrow. After that I think it's going to get back to reality, near 30 for an average high. At least it's not zero.

So I am here at Ala Moana, and I buy a pitcher of beer for everyone, and then I remember, "oh yeah! I have an Ala Moana gift certificate!"
Then Nanilei asks me to get her some shrimp tempura, and I go get it for her, and then, after I pay cash for it remember that I have an Ala Moana gift card!
Then I buy another pitcher of beer, pay cash for it, and remember OH CRAP I HAVE A GIFT CARD!

Oh well. At least I still have the gift card!

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

So this happened. . .

Oh, my heart.

Kids, man.

Happy New Year PoHos.

Beautiful blue sky day in the Valley of the Sun.

Watching the Rose Parade and sipping Veuve Cliquot. I got the furnace filters (a ladder chore) changed and the water filter in the fridge changed before popping the cork.

I’ve already found something lost. I hope it portends a good year.

Our New Year’s Day tradition is that the whole household may eat & drink whatever we want. RL Kid doesn’t really get it, but he does have a pepperoni pizza on hand. We’ll have Brie, smoked salmon, chips & dip, Doritos, popcorn, and more. And champers. Always champers.

Mrs Pere has been working in chocolate these last few days. She makes mendiants (chocolate bark with fruit & nuts), truffles, and dipped orange peel. RL Kid found what seemed to be a truffle on the floor. Closer inspection revealed it to be a cat turd.

This illustrates the importance of science.

Mrs Pere has been working in chocolate these last few days. She makes mendiants (chocolate bark with fruit & nuts), truffles, and dipped orange peel. RL Kid found what seemed to be a truffle on the floor. Closer inspection revealed it to be a cat turd.

This illustrates the importance of science.
ha! Sounds like my house.

Kids are coming over at 2. I’m cooking a crapton of food. 2 Feta and dill quiche, 3 pounds of bacon. A giant pizza cookie topped with cream cheese and fruit, This really good baked cheese hash browns dish. Cinnamon rolls in the whaffle iron, other stuff and Mimosas of course.

I recently discovered the cinnamon roll things. You take raw pilsbury cinnamon rolls, place them in the waffle iron and bake for 4 minutes. Top with frosting. Soooo good.

Top Bottom