Someone just won a nice looking Kamaka Ohta-San

casarole45

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190458734654&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Outbid =[ but hopefully someone has got an awesome Ohta San on the way for £235. From the one photo the good guys at Kamaka dated it 1975 to 2001. Love that shape, its just made me realise I'll have to save up for a new one instead =D

The only annoying thing is it was sold by Cash Converters (a second hand chain in the UK) meaning they probably gave some poor guy £30-40 for it.

Last edited:
Ugh, I hate when that happens. Sometimes I watch that show Pawn Stars, and there have been times when I yell at the TV screen. I understand sometimes you need money quick, but you should really at least try to figure out what you have before you try to sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190458734654&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Outbid =[ but hopefully someone has got an awesome Ohta San on the way for £235. From the one photo the good guys at Kamaka dated it 1975 to 2001. Love that shape, its just made me realise I'll have to save up for a new one instead =D

The only annoying thing is it was sold by Cash Converters (a second hand chain in the UK) meaning they probably gave some poor guy £30-40 for it.

Aloha Cassarole,
With the black nut and saddle it looks to be about 1975 -1982....Last I heard they
discontinued making the Ohta-sans....That is quite a deal, a friend picked up a 2004 for 500.00

Last edited:
It isn´t me im affraid. Someone sniped me in the very last seconds(it was exciting thinking it was coming my way).:( Never had much experience with ebay maybe i should have waited just a few seconds longer. Nevermind hope who ever it is enjoys it.:)

It isn´t me im affraid. Someone sniped me in the very last seconds(it was exciting thinking it was coming my way).:( Never had much experience with ebay maybe i should have waited just a few seconds longer. Nevermind hope who ever it is enjoys it.:)

That's eBay for you. I just put in the most I'm willing to pay for the item. If it's meant to be I'll get it. If not that sucks but ok.

Ugh, I hate when that happens. Sometimes I watch that show Pawn Stars, and there have been times when I yell at the TV screen. I understand sometimes you need money quick, but you should really at least try to figure out what you have before you try to sell it.

Lol yeah, maybe I'll start hanging around outside pawn shops =D

Yeah, I checked the timing, it looks like they used a sniper program, which are awesome for winning bids... ah well keep thinking "maybe the intonation was shot and it had a big hole in the back" =D

Last I heard they
discontinued making the Ohta-sans....That is quite a deal, a friend picked up a 2004 for 500.00

I wasn't too worried as I was going to just save up for a new deluxe one from Kamaka if I didn't win but your right I got an email back saying they are not currently producing them *cry!*

Top Bottom