Storm on the Mountain

Your usual quality Laurence my friend. I am soooo glad I joined UU - I'm getting to 'know' so many talented musicians!
Really impressed by this buddy so thanks for sharing.
May I ask, how did you record the guitar sound - direct or using an external mic?

Just excellent Laurence.......Your music writing and playing skills are top notch. What a joy to find, and no trademark thumb pick on these guitars. I suspect it will make an appearance very shortly. Great stuff!
Mike

Wow! Amazing talent !
This is really really cool. Definitely sounds like a storm coming down on the mountain!

+1 Totally amazing! It is so true that a new instrument will inspire creativity, and luckily for us it did in this case! :) 5 very large Stars from Australia!

Your usual quality Laurence my friend. I am soooo glad I joined UU - I'm getting to 'know' so many talented musicians!
May I ask, how did you record the guitar sound - direct or using an external mic?

Just excellent Laurence.......Your music writing and playing skills are top notch. What a joy to find, and no trademark thumb pick on these guitars. I suspect it will make an appearance very shortly. Great stuff!
Mike

Thank you all very much! It's pretty cool that UU has this little corner for guitar players to show their wares. I never know where to post these - the acoustic guitar sites are pretty miserable.

Dave, I forgot to answer you question. Yes, I always use an external mic. Even an inexpensive one is going to sound a lot better than the one that comes with a laptop or *pad

Dave, I forgot to answer you question. Yes, I always use an external mic. Even an inexpensive one is going to sound a lot better than the one that comes with a laptop or *pad

Thanks matey. X

- the acoustic guitar sites are pretty miserable.

I have to be honest and say that on most (not all, obviously, I have 'met' some great and genuine people there) of the guitar web sites I've visited I've seen lots and lots of members insulting each other, running down and belittling each other's videos/queries/questions, and lots of egos running wild.

UU is the first online community I have personally found where (thus far, maybe I shouldn't be opening my big trap! lol) everyone since my day one here has been welcoming, encouraging and supportive. And long may it last...please. x

I have to be honest and say that on most (not all, obviously, I have 'met' some great and genuine people there) of the guitar web sites I've visited I've seen lots and lots of members insulting each other, running down and belittling each other's videos/queries/questions, and lots of egos running wild.

UU is the first online community I have personally found where (thus far, maybe I shouldn't be opening my big trap! lol) everyone since my day one here has been welcoming, encouraging and supportive. And long may it last...please. x

Totally agree about the egos, Dave - the objective for a lot of them seems to be to impress, using as much tricky fretboard wizardry as possible! Here, we are basically all equal in that we just want to share the joy of music!

Totally agree about the egos, Dave - the objective for a lot of them seems to be to impress, using as much tricky fretboard wizardry as possible! Here, we are basically all equal in that we just want to share the joy of music!

And ..... the thumb pick
Where is the thumb pick

And ..... the thumb pick
Where is the thumb pick

haha Brenda you're funny! I seem to be able to balance out the thumb on guitar without a pick
While I'm on here, thought I might share one more from 'the vault' Here I am trying to channel Joe Pass (as if)!

You have a lot of good stuff in the vault !
I too can not use thumb pick on guitar and my fingers just go back to the normal guitar plucking !

First of all that was just wonderful, I love it and have saved it. You are an inspiration and will motivate me to keep practicing and learning. Thank you for opening the vault and sharing.

Just a word about guitar sites and ego..........Acoustic Guitar Forum is every bit as nice and welcoming as UU, seriuosly. Dare I say they are even less tolerate of conflict. I have been on that site for one year now and I am constantly impressed at how kind, caring and giving that community is. I had heard the horrors stories about ego manic guitar players so I just lurked over there for months. When I realized there were no fireworks I joined, introduced myself and was warmly welcomed by many. They have been nothing but warm, kind and helpful to me.

haha Brenda you're funny! I seem to be able to balance out the thumb on guitar without a pick
While I'm on here, thought I might share one more from 'the vault' Here I am trying to channel Joe Pass (as if)!

Just caught this second vid a bit late Laurence. Great and laid back my friend; well done. Will listen and enjoy again whilst sipping a large scotch in the peace and quiet before bed tonite.

Just a word about guitar sites and ego..........Acoustic Guitar Forum is every bit as nice and welcoming as UU, seriuosly.

Thanks for the tip DUD (Oops! That doesn't sound right...there's nothing 'dud' about you, I better used your full title 'DownUpDave'! lol) I'll check AGF out. x

Just a word about guitar sites and ego..........Acoustic Guitar Forum is every bit as nice and welcoming as UU, seriuosly.
Dave, I am glad you have been having a better experience than me! I had several friends who felt the same way, so I don't think I was imagining things. That said, I haven't been back for several years now so maybe things have changed?
But anyway, I really shouldn't be bad-mouthing other forums in a public sphere so I think I should just shut up now! :)
Thanks for your nice comment!

Stolen Time

I'll just add this little groove piece in here. I was a bit of a porker back then! Lost 25 pounds since (and glad of it)!

I'll just add this little groove piece in here. I was a bit of a porker back then! Lost 25 pounds since (and glad of it)!

For some reason when listening to your 'porker' tune (I think you looked fine in it mate) I kept thinking of one of those dark genre detective movies on TV - you know, the type where the detective does the voice over as well 'It was a dark a rainy night in the Bronx...'
lol As always, excellently played buddy.

For some reason when listening to your 'porker' tune (I think you looked fine in it mate) I kept thinking of one of those dark genre detective movies on TV - you know, the type where the detective does the voice over as well 'It was a dark a rainy night in the Bronx...'
lol As always, excellently played buddy.

Thanks Dave! The tune was always supposed to be a bit spooky! When I first played it for my wife all she said was “ you’re weird “ so any comment now is appreciated! :)

Top Bottom