::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I made us a Mongolian-restaurant-style stir fry for dinner last Friday. I was putting a little plum sauce on mine and Emma said, "Dad - the expiration date on the plum sauce is 2016." I thought she was teasing me. She wasn't. I survived with no problems.

Well it looked Ok. It didn't smell strange. So far so good.

THAT would have been the pinnacle of my NYC experience. I would've been ready to go home after that.

We walked through the Stonewall celebration in Times Square yesterday. We saw quite a few body parts covered in paint and/or glitter. James was getting quite an eye full. All good until we came across some dude in bright pink chaps with his junk at full attention and covered in glitter. Lots of chaps/buttcheeks were on display actually.

I made us a Mongolian-restaurant-style stir fry for dinner last Friday. I was putting a little plum sauce on mine and Emma said, "Dad - the expiration date on the plum sauce is 2016." I thought she was teasing me. She wasn't. I survived with no problems.

Most of that is to get you to consume more. The tuna should be good forever unless the can has been compromised, and the plum sauce should have enough sugar and salt to make it good for quite a while too.

We’re back at the room resting.

Still have 911 Memorial on our list. We’re going to go when it’s dark, so dinner at 8:00 and then head over to the memorial. We cancelled our reservation at Balthazar and we’re heading back to Momofuku because James can’t stop talking about it. Actually it was a literal coin toss between there and another trip to Katz’s Deli.

I didn’t think I could get “sticker shock” in NYC any more but at lunch I just paid $20.00 for two bottles of Voss water.

Hawaii is much, much cheaper than NYC.

Still haven’t had an authentic NY bagel yet either.

That’s our goal for tomorrow morning.

We fly out around 5:00pm tomorrow so we can still knock a few things off a “must see/do” list.

Both my knees started acting up at Disneyland and my right calf still gets tight when I walk fast. I’m pretty sure I’ve muttered **** STAIRS just about every trip on the subway.

Both my knees started acting up at Disneyland and my right calf still gets tight when I walk fast. I’m pretty sure I’ve muttered **** STAIRS just about every trip on the subway.

I’m also convinced that every fat person in NY is a tourist. No way you get fat here with all the walking and stairs.

I didn’t think I could get “sticker shock” in NYC any more but at lunch I just paid $20.00 for two bottles of Voss water.

Hawaii is much, much cheaper than NYC.

But...you bought Voss water.

He got here last night about 7. We had everyone at home plus a few cousins. BBQ’d, made s’mores, drank, danced, and visited for hours. It was a great welcome home party.
Today we are moving a bit slower but it is a glorious day. Like clockwork the June Gloom turns to July Sun and it’s a beautiful day. Michaels going to go for a run on the beach while I walk behind him at a brisk pace.

I am really enjoying the HB weather. We have been sitting outside enjoying NOT sweating.
Might go to Kolohe Ukulele Group Meetup at Island Bazaar tomorrow.

I might set up as a life coach. My three principles:
"Don't do that."
"Sounds good."
"We'll see. . ."

What should my billing rate be?

Top Bottom