Nud: Kimo bear-claw spruce/koa tenor

Beautiful playing and a beautiful sounding ukulele. Congrats on this. It sure looks gorgeous in the photos.

Gorgeous instrument Ron.
Enjoyed your sound samples. What a wonderful voice it has, Clear, even, warm tone, nice resonance.
Congratulations!

Kimo sure knows how to find purty wood :drool:

Congrats on a beautiful instrument!

Thanks for all the kudos, and to Hank Johnson (AKA Kimo) for the beautiful uke!
Ron

I Love the contrasting colors of the wood. Enjoyed your playing too. I've been trying to learn Let IT Be Me.
Congrats!

That really is a fabulous looking and sounding instrument. Your playing does it justice that’s for sure. As Jim Hanks said “Kimo” sure knows how it find excellent wood. Congratulations

Thanks for the positive comments!
Honestly, I love this Uke and it stands up to several that cost twice as much (LfDM, Rieck, Da Silva James Hill).
Not much bling, but super wood and the tone is great.
Also, this is the first flat fretboard that feels and plays as good as my radius Fretboard ukes...

Thanks for the positive comments!
Honestly, I love this Uke and it stands up to several that cost twice as much (LfDM, Rieck, Da Silva James Hill).
Not much bling, but super wood and the tone is great.
Also, this is the first flat fretboard that feels and plays as good as my radius Fretboard ukes...

Wonderful looking Uke from Kimo. Hank's work is so great, and am waiting for a personal build as well from him at the moment.

I have played DownUp Dave's Kimo Ukes and thought they were exceptional quality and tone.

Curious ... what strings do you have on it? Thanks.

Congratulations.

My go-to strings are Oasis Warm Low G, but Hank put on Pepe Romero flurocarbons low G,
Ron

Top Bottom