ferrules

Rllink

Reaction score
I hope this is an easy one. I'm looking for those metal ferrules that fit around the tuner posts. My ukulele has plastic ones and they are old and cracking. I want metal ones, but nothing special as it is my beater that I take with me on bicycle rides and camping. In other words cheap. I looked around on the internet and didn't find what I was looking for. Pointing me toward a set of them, or if anyone has a set of them laying around that they want to sell, would be greatly appreciated.

You guys are great. I searched yesterday and couldn't find them. I posted this thread and five minutes later got a pop up banner from C.B. Gitty for a package of twelve and they are cheap. Thanks, I couldn't have done it without out you all.

Last edited:
Glad you found them. I'm pretty sure those used with tuner posts are referred to as bushings, not ferrules. IME, ferrules are usually used on the back of many solid body guitars to hold the strings on a string-thru-body
Thanks for that clarification. I think that you are right, but Gitty knew what I was looking for anyway.

As I recall your beater is a Makala Concert. IIRC the plastic covers you refer to are nothing more than a cosmetic washer. When I had a Makala I temporarily lost one of the ‘washers’ whilst restringing. I replaced the lot with plain brass washers I had to hand, it looked good and I found the missing plastic one later - still have the original set of four in my store. You might like to go that route too, so much less hassle and expense.

As I recall your beater is a Makala Concert. IIRC the plastic covers you refer to are nothing more than a cosmetic washer. When I had a Makala I temporarily lost one of the ‘washers’ whilst restringing. I replaced the lot with plain brass washers I had to hand, it looked good and I found the missing plastic one later - still have the original set of four in my store. You might like to go that route too, so much less hassle and expense.
Yep, I looked at the posts and thought that they looked a bit bigger than 1/4", so I pulled up one of the plastic washers to check the diameter of the post and figured that out too, that they are just washers. Luckily before I bought the ones from Gitty. I'm going to exactly what you suggested. Thanks.

I don't know why I was making this so hard. I spent all afternoon on Sunday trying to figure out how I was going to replace those stupid plastic things and it was as simple as going out to the garage and digging through a can of old used hardware that I collected over the years while working on airplanes. Four washers and a dab of superglue to hold them in place. I wish that I had taken a before picture, but I didn't. Cost, zero dollars and zero cents. Thanks all for the responses. You all are good friends.

Washers.jpg

Top Bottom