Is there a name or technical description for this disparity in volume?

cyber3d

Reaction score
So, I definitely need to change the strings on my new KLOS. Or do I?

I don't what this situation is called but, my E and A strings require more pressure to get the same volume as my G and C strings. Something is amiss here. The stock strings are D'Addario Fluorocarbon.

I had Jason Arimoto change the strings on my Tiny Tenor and the volume is consistent on all the strings. So, I know it is possible.

I don't what this situation is called but, my E and A strings require more pressure to get the same volume as my G and C strings. Something is amiss here. The stock strings are D'Addario Fluorocarbon.

When you say "more pressure" can we assume you mean pluck harder?

Is this "disparity" purely apparent to your ears when you are holding and playing the instrument or have you made recordings or other electronic tests to demonstrate the effect?

When you say "more pressure" can we assume you mean pluck harder?

Is this "disparity" purely apparent to your ears when you are holding and playing the instrument or have you made recordings or other electronic tests to demonstrate the effect?

Interesting points. And "yes" I mean plucking harder. The sound is purely by ear. Not instruments. By louder I could say boomier. Putting a capo on the 6th fret and plucking the open strings it becomes obvious that the C string does not belong.

Now, I know that trying different string brands can solve the issue. I did this with my Kala with great success. There must be a name for this.

Top Bottom