LfdM sound sample

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this sound sample, it is a very nice sounding uke and I know you are happy about it/

Once thing:
I understand you might have been just noodling around but I had one observation about your playing and I am in no way trying to offend you, I would hope to only improve your playing.
Just curious, do you ever practice with a metronome?
I always learn a song with a metronome at a slower speed and then once I make sure I can play the notes and get the right rhythm slowly then I can speed it up and add my own 'thing' to the piece or just play it the way it was written.
Please do not think I am attacking you or your playing abilities and that uke has a great sound.
Kindly,
Johnson

Last edited:
Great Job, Dave! Wow, that sounds warm and rich and deep. Cpngratulations again.

Thanks for sharing this sound sample, it is a very nice sounding uke and I know you are happy about it/

Once thing:
I understand you might have been just noodling around but I had one observation about your playing and I am in no way trying to offend you, I would hope to only improve your playing.
Just curious, do you ever practice with a metronome?
I always learn a song with a metronome at a slower speed and then once I make sure I can play the notes and get the right rhythm slowly then I can speed it up and add my own 'thing' to the piece or just play it the way it was written.
Please do not think I am attacking you or your playing abilities and that uke has a great sound.
Kindly,
Johnson

No offense taken. I was just noodling around and decided to record it. Not sure what you are trying to say but I had hoped people would just enjoy the sound this ukulele can produce. If you are suggesting the tempo was too slow I did that purposely to highlight the tone this uke produces.

At the age of 57 this is the first instrument I have ever played. No music lessons or classes as a young person. I have only been playing for 16 months, I know nothing about music but it brings me great joy.

Last edited:
don't worry about it dave you're doing well and right on schedule. nice sounding instrument very clear and present.

Love the sound of your newest uke, and I enjoyed listening! The recording quality was pretty good, too. What did you use?

Love the sound of your newest uke, and I enjoyed listening! The recording quality was pretty good, too. What did you use?

Thank you very much. I used a Zoom H2n recorder that I plugged into my phone via the headphone jack. The Zoom then becomes an external mic, better quality than just recording straight from the phone. This is my first time doing something like that and I have a lot to learn.

Like the sound a lot mate. Very crisp and clean. Sure seems like it has a big, dynamic voice and would bark like a wild thing if you really dug in.

Hotel California followed by Wish You Were Here? :) (wasn't sure about the last part...)

Nice to hear you play mate, even if it is only a demo. Cheers Dave.

don't worry about it dave you're doing well and right on schedule. nice sounding instrument very clear and present.

I second it...the Lfdm sounds good....I am in the same boat as you stay positive and .....just have fun...:)

Like the sound a lot mate. Very crisp and clean. Sure seems like it has a big, dynamic voice and would bark like a wild thing if you really dug in.

Hotel California followed by Wish You Were Here? :) (wasn't sure about the last part...)

Nice to hear you play mate, even if it is only a demo. Cheers Dave.

Hey Jon, you guessed the first two correctly. The third piece was "A Little Night Music" by Rob MacKillop. I just got his book "20 Easy fingerstyle studies for ukulele" and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for the kind words, this uke is better than I will ever be.

Nice, Dave! I can almost see the grin on your face as I listen to your sample. Haven't come across a tab for Wish You Were Here before, will have to put that one in the "to learn" queue. Of course, I need to live 2.5 lifetimes to get through that queue, but what the heck...

Sweet sound Dave. Very nice sound sample. That might be the best sounding LFdM I have heard.

Wish You Were Here sounded great. One of my favorite songs/albums. What tabs/chords are you using.

Thanks!

That is most definitely a gorgeous sounding uke and you showcased its sound beautifully, Dave!

Thank you very much. I used a Zoom H2n recorder that I plugged into my phone via the headphone jack. The Zoom then becomes an external mic, better quality than just recording straight from the phone. This is my first time doing something like that and I have a lot to learn.

It sounds heavenly to me. You have done a great job demonstrating the quality of this instrument. It is so crisp with the SouthCoast strings. I am looking forward to 'touching' it in a few weeks. Sound of a metronome reminds me of my hateful piano lesson days. So glad you don't use one either.
You must show me how to do this Zoom H2n recorder. I have been using a recording app from the Ipad, the result is not good at all this is why I can't post anything.

At the age of 57 this is the first instrument I have ever played. No music lessons or classes as a young person. I have only been playing for 16 months, I know nothing about music but it brings me great joy.

You and the instrument sound absolutely marvelous;). Proud of you for posting this - it gives many of us something to aspire to. And thanks for reminding us that it all about the "joy"!!!!

Sounds GREAT, Dave! Congrats on the new uke, and welcome to the LFdM club!

Nice sound sample. I recently had the opportunity to play a whole bunch of high end ukes, and the revelation was the LdfM. The sound of that instrument really stood out. I'm not sure whether it was the overall environment or a true representation, but this sample makes me think the latter.

Hi Dave,
Great sounding ukulele. Very full yet notes are crisp and clear. I love your wood combination.... you have a fantastic sounding and looking ukulele. Keep on , keeping on....... sounded terrific.
Cheers

I really like the sound of that instrument and you played that nicely. Do you have a pic you can share?

No offense taken. I was just noodling around and decided to record it. Not sure what you are trying to say but I had hoped people would just enjoy the sound this ukulele can produce. If you are suggesting the tempo was too slow I did that purposely to highlight the tone this uke produces.

That's what it's all about Dave. I rarely play at correct speed and tempo. I started playing in my 60s and I know a lot of songs in my head that I can't play very well but you know what, I've decided that the most important thing is how it feels. I sent you my first vid of me playing and it sounded pretty messy but man were we having fun singing and playing that day. With this painful disease I'm dealing with playing my uke works better at easing some of the pain than my pain meds. I'm not kidding about that. When I play the pain usually recedes into the background for a couple of hours and the singing gets me deep breathing and really lasts for hours afterwards to relax me. I was really impressed by your sample. I know it's not pro level but I also know your musical history and I think you are doing very well indeed. Saying this is not a condemnation of what the other poster offered as I believe he was genuinely trying to help. So... play on dear brother. :music:

Top Bottom