::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back! How was the cruise?

Hm. Summary...

Food: very acceptable! Mostly had omelette for breakfast, salad bar for lunch and fancy sit down dinners. Being gluten free they had me order dinner for the next day each night. I made a point of eating seafood I never tried. Mussels and oysters are gross. Scallops and salmon are okay. :)

Ship life: usually something to do. Lots of upselling of photos and drinks. Gaudy ass decor. Really great steward. All the staff was at a minimum polite, but most were really fun and kind. I sat in on three songs with an entertainer from the UK. I got seasick the last day but I had packed Dramamine. However it made me way sleepy.

Ports: Grand Cayman was our favorite, as there's stuff to do within walking distance other than the sad little manufactured tourist villages.

Activities: scuba twice, snorkel twice, cave tubing. Hubby bought an underwater camera (Olympus tough series) and is having a grand time with it.

Overall: seven days is a long time. I think in future I would prefer a shorter cruise.

Hm. Summary...

Food: very acceptable! Mostly had omelette for breakfast, salad bar for lunch and fancy sit down dinners. Being gluten free they had me order dinner for the next day each night. I made a point of eating seafood I never tried. Mussels and oysters are gross. Scallops and salmon are okay. :)

Ship life: usually something to do. Lots of upselling of photos and drinks. Gaudy ass decor. Really great steward. All the staff was at a minimum polite, but most were really fun and kind. I sat in on three songs with an entertainer from the UK. I got seasick the last day but I had packed Dramamine. However it made me way sleepy.

Ports: Grand Cayman was our favorite, as there's stuff to do within walking distance other than the sad little manufactured tourist villages.

Activities: scuba twice, snorkel twice, cave tubing. Hubby bought an underwater camera (Olympus tough series) and is having a grand time with it.

Overall: seven days is a long time. I think in future I would prefer a shorter cruise.

I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. I really like cruises, but they're not for everyone. So cool you sat in and played!

My bride may be a sweetheart, but I think she's cutting onions in the kitchen right now. It's the only explanation for my mistiness...

When she's finished, she's going to be sending a friend request on FB.

She, too, fell in love with you guys.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, brother. Take as much time as you need.
Hmmm must be your wife's onions coming over the Internet... Technology is grand ain't it ;)

And I missed the K, watching Amanda's video. So proud of her!

I did cruise recap, I should do TBUG recap. Awesome and everyone should come next year. Period.

Super fun to meet Levi and Mrs E., who are both darling, and Matt is understating when we met. Once I realized who he was I practically humped him. He is just adorable. Jen flies a bit under the radar... I think otherwise I have met everyone before. Still have a crush on Steve Boisen. JT, god love him, is in short supply because he works so much during.

Hubby took a pic of ALL TEN POHOS in attendance. I shall post it tomorrow probably. We are at O'Hare now waiting on a flight. Which isn't for two hours yet.

The kitchen and bar were understaffed, hopefully the venue is better prepared next year!!

I missed Jim Deville's (sp?) workshop to take a shower. His particular brand of schtick wears on me, though what he teaches is content I value. Julia's was a waste of time. Craig's and Sarah's and Amanda's were very worthwhile. Advanced jam session bogged down a bit, as it was an "off book" jam and many people didn't know song lyrics all the way thru. Jim and Julie Austin were starting to take the bull by the horns when I bounced from that so I'm not sure how it ended.

Epic bar and lobby jams. Craig soloed during a song I wrote, which was awesome. Accompanied Sukie during On Fire. And according to Kim I hit a high G? So damn.

The concerts were great fun, but I think Craig and Sarah would have been better placed as the headliner.

Wonderful seeing people from last year and/or UWC. Jay Nunes, Alan Thornton, Wayne, etc.

The second night I went to sleep, dreamed of jammin and singing and woke up super happy. Missed JTs party in order to catch our ship. I was TBUG high for two days, with a ton of afterglow!!

Then I missed you all really bad for seven days. Really bad. Next time we cruise I'm budgeting in an Internet package.

Just did some charity research. I'll be sending my boxes and stuff to San Diego based International Relief Teams. They get a high rating on Charity Navigator.

Anyone know of any other charity that gives without taking too much for expenses? I'd love the information for future reference.

Man this is a long layover. I forgot about the time zone difference so it is an hour longer than I thought it would be.

I coulda drove home by now. It's only 200 miles.

My husband is wayyyy enamored of scuba now.

Not sure if I should be happy or wary. Lol!

Nah, it's good. He needs a hobby. And one that involves warm places is fine by me.

Just did some charity research. I'll be sending my boxes and stuff to San Diego based International Relief Teams. They get a high rating on Charity Navigator.

Anyone know of any other charity that gives without taking too much for expenses? I'd love the information for future reference.
red cross? CARE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom