::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

yes, but they need to be washed every couple days. I'm guessing in Hawaii they'll need to be washed every day. Yesterday was in the low 90's here and I was a sweaty uncomfortable mess.

mad respect for women wearing bras.

Not very comfortable.

This time of year they're basically just sweat sponges.

You guys were speaking of uber. We rode in Uber cars while in New Orleans for the first time. It worked well. My son in law, daughter and grand daughter got the cars for us.

Is it weird to get excited about money that was yours anyhow?

I didn't know until recently that this money would be mine. The Fund gives a generous relocation benefit. Arizona here we come. Yeah, I know that this is money that congregations have paid on my behalf for 30+ years. But most of them would have been too cheap to do it if church rules didn't require it. It's money I never saw, so it kinda feels like OPM/free money.

I didn't know until recently that this money would be mine. The Fund gives a generous relocation benefit. Arizona here we come. Yeah, I know that this is money that congregations have paid on my behalf for 30+ years. But most of them would have been too cheap to do it if church rules didn't require it. It's money I never saw, so it kinda feels like OPM/free money.

Best kind.

I guess my point is that you earned it! :)

From my standpoint of faith the drive to/from Indy was depressing. Church signs, billboards, even church names all along the interstate rely on fear, judgment, condemnation and hell to invite people to faith. That trick never works.

There's one theory of advertising that says that most advertising is not meant to attract you to the product, rather to keep you feeling good about your choice after you make it. Advertising is used to build and maintain the group of customers more than attract new ones.

From my standpoint of faith the drive to/from Indy was depressing. Church signs, billboards, even church names all along the interstate rely on fear, judgment, condemnation and hell to invite people to faith. That trick never works.

I have been feeling pretty down about that sort of crap these days - but on Sunday afternoon my girls opened a lemonade stand, with all the money designated to the Oregon Humane Society and a childhood cancer fundraiser their school is doing. The canvassed the neighbors and waved at every car that drove by. One neighbor came by and bought 2 cups of lemonade and a dinosaur horn (Annie's idea). He gave them their $1.50, thanked them, and asked what they were going to do with their money. They told him about the charities they'd be giving it to (it was on the sign, but pretty low to the ground). He set down his lemonade and got out another $5.50 and added it to their pot. He started to walk home and then turned around and said to me, "this new generation gives me some hope."

Well crap, I seem to have something in my eye just thinking about it.

Anyway, the grown ups who seem to have messed up the message of how to be a decent human will be getting older and dying. Hopefully the girls' generation won't lose what it means to be caring and compassionate.

My heart monitor alarm has sounded three times this morning.

And every time I've either been stressed out about something or angry (emailing parents).

Hey Dude! You can totally fix this. Join a yoga class, learn to meditate, schedule a massage every two weeks. Stress and anxiety will kill you faster than any clogged artery. Get on top of this Gary. You need to learn how to manage this.

The best thing I ever did for my health was attend massage school. Yes, I learned how to massage but more importantly I learned how to take charge of my life and deal with stress. I KNOW stress affects my health big time. Prior to learning how to deal with it anytime I got anxious I would end up in the bathroom immediately. Stress is the number one cause for a crohns flair up. If it was a very stressful situation within minutes my shingles would flair up. Since learning how to meditate, deep breath, and control my reaction neither of these things happens very often anymore.

Last edited:

Do you know Rev Willie? This very thing really bugs him.

I have been feeling pretty down about that sort of crap these days - but on Sunday afternoon my girls opened a lemonade stand, with all the money designated to the Oregon Humane Society and a childhood cancer fundraiser their school is doing. The canvassed the neighbors and waved at every car that drove by. One neighbor came by and bought 2 cups of lemonade and a dinosaur horn (Annie's idea). He gave them their $1.50, thanked them, and asked what they were going to do with their money. They told him about the charities they'd be giving it to (it was on the sign, but pretty low to the ground). He set down his lemonade and got out another $5.50 and added it to their pot. He started to walk home and then turned around and said to me, "this new generation gives me some hope."

Anyway, the grown ups who seem to have messed up the message of how to be a decent human will be getting older and dying. Hopefully the girls' generation won't lose what it means to be caring and compassionate.

What a great day Jon.

About to board my first plane...I’ll keep in touch when I have service. Bye kids.

That's a good day right there. Mood I'm in had me seeing a different ending to the story.

Top Bottom