Winter NAMM Show 2016 and SoCal UU LIVE mini tour!

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Aloha everyone!

As usual we are about to head out for the annual Winter NAMM show coverage! All of the upcoming ukuleles and accessories will be on display at the show. It's gonna be a big year for ukulele as Kamaka is celebrating their 100 year anniversary. Also great new models and accessories are upon us. It really is a great time to be a uke player.

I wanna know what you guys wanna see. What do you folks want me to ask? I want to be able to get your burning questions answered. Leave them on this thread and I'll refer to this when I'm doing the interviews.

You can find the NAMM show coverage on our YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDglnz22aXMzpug5HbD1bCA

If you guys want to have a JAM by the grassy knoll, please let me know what night we should do it and what time. Keep in mind that we have a show on Saturday so we can't make it that night. You don't have to be part of the NAMM show to attend. If you're in the area (near Anaheim) then please come and join us!

Also, we are bringing Ukulele Underground LIVE to Southern California. We'll be doing concerts and workshops in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Huntington beach. Check out the video below for more info.

Sunday, January 17th
3 : 30 - 5 : 30p / tickets $35
Hale Ukulele (858) 414-4492
http://haleukulele.com/

Wednesday, January 20th
Call for time and price
U-Space (323) 577-5567
http://uspacela.com/calendar.html

Saturday, January 23rd
7-9pm / tickets $20
Island Bazaar (714) 843-9350
http://ukuleleparadise.com/events/

See you at the show! :D

This belongs in Shameless Self Promotion unless of course you own the website! Haha. :p

Looking forward to seeing at U-Space like last year! Great show!

Your show on Sat at Island Bazaar is already sold out!

Just put U-Space on my calendar. Waiting for the final details from Jason and Brad. Going to NAMM Sunday.

This belongs in Shameless Self Promotion unless of course you own the website! Haha. :p

Looking forward to seeing at U-Space like last year! Great show!

Your show on Sat at Island Bazaar is already sold out!

I hope we stay at USpace. If we move again, the room might be too big like last year. It was still a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to this year. Say hi after/before the show! Island bazaar is a crazy crowd. It's gonna be a fun tour.

Thank you so much for doing these interviews. Looking forward to everything you're going to show us. Here are some of the things that I would like to hear about:

- What's new from Kamaka, Kanile'a (including Islander), KoAloha (including Opio), and Ko'olau (including Pono)?

- Any news from Blackbird, Collings, Larrivée, Pepe Romero and Romero Creations?

- What's up with Rick Turner / Compass Rose?

- Will Martin be celebrating their Centennial of building Ukuleles?

- Also, very interested in crossover instruments like Tenor Guitars (ask Larrivée about their plans), Guitaleles (check out the Ibanez Piccolo), and Ukes with Steel Strings (ask Pono). Perhaps you could ask companies specifically about their plans regarding innovation, as players worldwide are not just looking for traditional style, but new ways of expanding their musical horizons and their instrument collections...?

Damn I wanted to go to the one at Huntington Beach but it's all sold out. Was looking to jam with you and other UU players too lol

Have an awesome tour, Aldrine! I'm happy for you to see that it's selling out already :)

NAMM questions - Anything Kamaka can share about their 100th would be welcome. Maybe ask the other companies what they think about Kamaka and Martin's 100th, memories or stories to share?

If you want to be investigative, maybe try to talk Martin into doing something for their 100th, and ask if they'll continue building in the US since they've discontinued some models lately?

Can't wait to see your coverage. Mahalo and good luck with the tour!

I will be there likely Thurs & Friday; however, sans uke. Still, if schedule permits, will stop by the Grassy Noll Gathering.

Friday for the grassy knoll jam gets my vote.

For those of you that have not come to the grassy knoll jam, I highly recommend attending. Here's an example of what can happen.

Thank you so much for doing these interviews. Looking forward to everything you're going to show us. Here are some of the things that I would like to hear about:

- What's new from Kamaka, Kanile'a (including Islander), KoAloha (including Opio), and Ko'olau (including Pono)?

- Any news from Blackbird, Collings, Larrivée, Pepe Romero and Romero Creations?

- What's up with Rick Turner / Compass Rose?

- Will Martin be celebrating their Centennial of building Ukuleles?

- Also, very interested in crossover instruments like Tenor Guitars (ask Larrivée about their plans), Guitaleles (check out the Ibanez Piccolo), and Ukes with Steel Strings (ask Pono). Perhaps you could ask companies specifically about their plans regarding innovation, as players worldwide are not just looking for traditional style, but new ways of expanding their musical horizons and their instrument collections...?

Thanks so much! I'll try and get to those as much as I can. We pretty much cover the first three points but the Martin centennial is interesting. I'll make sure to ask! We try to hit up as many uke and uke related companies as we can so we can let you know what they're up to.

Have an awesome tour, Aldrine! I'm happy for you to see that it's selling out already :)

NAMM questions - Anything Kamaka can share about their 100th would be welcome. Maybe ask the other companies what they think about Kamaka and Martin's 100th, memories or stories to share?

If you want to be investigative, maybe try to talk Martin into doing something for their 100th, and ask if they'll continue building in the US since they've discontinued some models lately?

Can't wait to see your coverage. Mahalo and good luck with the tour!

We're extremely grateful to all the people who come out and support us. We're very happy to see the shows selling well. We'll definitely cover the 100th anniversary stuff as much as we can. I'll try and get as much as I can out of Martin about their plans.

SEE YOU SOON!

Can't wait.

I am thinking Friday for the Grassy Knoll jam... but... really I am there every day so any day is fine with me :)

Friday night sounds great. Kanile'a isn't doing a party this year out of respect to Kamaka doing things throughout the weekend. Which means, I don't have any obligations except for the Saturday performance.

Top Bottom