::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

1/3 of my class is missing because they are participating in that climate change walk-out.

Kinda nice.

They're all good kids but a class of 20 is awesome.

I’m so sorry Freeda. Was she sick?

After a fashion. Her self-hygiene was deteriorated to a point where she was getting frequent eye infections, etc. But her personality was quite histrionic, so treatment was difficult. I can't think of the word the vet used. Something way more intense than cantankerous. It was kind of a no win situation.

Sports is a great learning tool for work ethic, working as a group, being supportive of others, how to lose/win with grace, preparation/planning etc. but I think what's most important is for the parent to put it all in perspective. Like anything else it's a process. I always tell James "We don't lose. We win or we learn and it's not all about winning."

I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite as a kid. I HATED to lose. My dad always reminds me that I yelled at him once when he was congratulating me on second place, "SECOND PLACE IS FIRST LOSER!"

I was a little over the top competitive.

I feel like band was where I learned those things. It is largely absent of the competitive spirit, though, outside of regional events.

I feel like band was where I learned those things. It is largely absent of the competitive spirit, though, outside of regional events.

And at the regional events, you aren't competing against each other. You're competing against a standard, and then your results are ranked against each other.

So, yesterday a SJSU student was arrested with two fire arms and extra ammo.

He was on his way to Homestead (my school) to shoot band students and any teachers he saw. Like many crazies he first posted his intentions on social media (messaged some kids) and the kids told a teacher, who in turn called the police. They arrested him as he was leaving the dorms.

the kids say he graduated last year and he didn't have any friends. He felt like even the band kids hated him and that's why he couldn't make friends in college either.

We talked about how differently this could have turned out if just one student showed him some compassion. We had a good talk this morning and this is in my culinary class.

I have feels about this. Like, yes we should all try to be inclusive. But someone's psychotic break isn't the fault of someone else for not saying hi. We are not responsible for the mental health of others. This feels kind of like "well if she hadn't dumped him, he wouldn't have killed himself". Know what I mean?

Teenage boys - and the problem is THEIRS. I agree with you, Freeds. I've never had an issue buying "feminine products" if asked to. Pretty obvious they're not for me; also obvious that someone I care about has a need for them - why shouldn't I be the one to buy them.

You're officially more mature than my spouse. lol

How do I get around this.....switch to making meads....

A friend of mine is a serious home brewer - he was diagnosed celiac about 3 years ago. After a brief mourning period he dove into experimenting with gluten free brewing. He's won a couple of awards now and has had a local gluten free brewery take on one of his recipes and produce it for sale in their pub and in cans to go. Check into it!

http://www.zerotolerancebrewing.com/ (my friend is one of the founders of this group - Joe Morris)

Yup biopsy said positive celiac disease....works great for a person dealing with wheat every day all day...

The good news is that as long as it stays out of your digestive tract, (ie doesn't get in your mouth) you're fine. Touching it doesn't do anything. I might look at getting a Cambridge mask or Vog mask, though.

Last edited:
I DID IT! All caught up!

I hate the anti caps function. If I wanna yell, lemme yell.

I have feels about this. Like, yes we should all try to be inclusive. But someone's psychotic break isn't the fault of someone else for not saying hi. We are not responsible for the mental health of others. This feels kind of like "well if she hadn't dumped him, he wouldn't have killed himself". Know what I mean?

That's where the kids went with it. They sometimes have some really bizarre outlooks. A few years ago a class was saying that what Hitler did wasn't all his fault because he had a bad childhood.

Seriously.

I about lost it at that class.

Top Bottom