::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

We’re actually flying into Portland. My sis would rather pick us up there. SeaTac can be a pain to drive to from the Harbor.

Don’t bring an umbrella. They’ll kick you out of the state if you have one.

Made a cheese and prosciutto soufflé for dinner. Beautiful and delicious, even if I do say so myself.

Sounds amazing! One of my mom's specialties was soufflé - though with regular ham, not fancy stuff like prosciutto. It was delicious. I haven't had it for YEARS. I don't even know if there was ever a recipe - I should check with my sister.

After about a month of above average temperature we are to be around the average for a few days. I think Sukie is sending some cold air our way. I guess you are supposed to share? Please keep the snow!

Sukie isn't home. Maybe she dragged the cold air over you on her trip East.

Made plane reservations tonight for a trip to Washington state later this month. Time to check out where we want to retire.

Do you have a place in mind? Are you thinking Shelton/Olympic Peninsula? My BIL was telling us they're thinking about buying a lot - cheap - on Anderson Island, which is the southernmost island in Puget Sound. It has ferry service. I guess it's trying to position itself as the Next Big Thing in vacation spots.

4 no trump

We used to play bridge in our family. It was a mystical, mystifying game when my parents and grandparents would play it. Once I learned I was hooked. My mom, my sister, my BIL, and I would get together and play. I had to be my BIL's partner because his bids could be...creative. If my sister was his partner she would get migraines. Matt and I just understood each other, though, and we actually did pretty well with some rather unconventional bidding.

Sounds amazing! One of my mom's specialties was soufflé - though with regular ham, not fancy stuff like prosciutto. It was delicious. I haven't had it for YEARS. I don't even know if there was ever a recipe - I should check with my sister.

Prosciutto was in the fridge and past its best by date. Chopped 4 slices up and fried it. Then into the sauce base. Added some fresh parsley to give it a little color. It rose gloriously.

After about a month of above average temperature we are to be around the average for a few days. I think Sukie is sending some cold air our way. I guess you are supposed to share? Please keep the snow!

It was so warm this week it was scary, back to 25 today. Maybe snow on Friday.

We used to play bridge in our family. It was a mystical, mystifying game when my parents and grandparents would play it. Once I learned I was hooked. My mom, my sister, my BIL, and I would get together and play. I had to be my BIL's partner because his bids could be...creative. If my sister was his partner she would get migraines. Matt and I just understood each other, though, and we actually did pretty well with some rather unconventional bidding.

I pissed away a whole semester in my second year of college playing bridge in the cafeteria.

My wallpaper on my phone is my R&L curly koa ukulele, just the body of it.
My home screen has a digital clock with a circle around it. I just noticed that the circle is about the same size as the soundhole. So I moved the clock - and it fits perfectly!
That is all.

Don’t bring an umbrella. They’ll kick you out of the state if you have one.

Yeah, I know.
My husband loves umbrellas and vows to use one if we move there. Maybe he’ll start a trend.

Nope. Just can’t do twice a year.

With Shirley still on the mend I don't know about me either.
The room and tickets are paid for already. Lynn is in charge of that part.
We still have a couple of weeks, but it won't be long.

Top Bottom