::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Looks like the SSL certificate for the site is having issues

Maybe it's finally entering its teenage years and starting to rebel against the established forum.

$898,900 Price

5 Beds

5.5 Baths

6,116 Sq. Ft.

This is in Arizona. My POS place is under 1000 Sq. Ft. is in a crap neighborhood on a busy street and costs more than this.

I wonder if the fancier, newer forum is having issues as well?

Wait... there is a fancier, newer forum???

Does that mean they banned this thread from the fancy new forum, and it's relegated to some low tech backwater system that nobody cares about?

$898,900 Price

5 Beds

5.5 Baths

6,116 Sq. Ft.

This is in Arizona. My POS place is under 1000 Sq. Ft. is in a crap neighborhood on a busy street and costs more than this.

You don't want a place like this.

5.5 baths is a royal pain in the rear to keep clean. If you don't use them you end up with mineral rings in the toilets that mess up the finish. If you use them to keep the rings from forming, then you are cleaning them all the time.

Then you have to clean that 6,116 sq ft, which means you have zero time left to do anything fun.

Which causes your spouse to get really upset with you and stop talking to you.

After a few years you find out that your spouse left you, but you don't know when because the house is so big that when you both stopped talking you also avoided each other and never saw each other.

And then you realize that Arizona is a desert. And it's hot. And it lacks water. And it's hot. So you get a vacation home somewhere else in order to escape the summer heat in Arizona.

When you arrive at this vacation home for your 3-4 month stay you realize that you have to replace all the toilets because the finish in the bowls has been ruined with mineral rings from not being used.

So you contact a plumber to do the job, and they charge you 3x the price because you are a rich second home owner from out of town.

You finish your summer escape from Arizona only to find that when you return you have to replace 5.5 toilets becasue they all have mineral rings from not being used.

Your house isn't as bad as you think.

$898,900 Price

5 Beds

5.5 Baths

6,116 Sq. Ft.

Where in Arizona? Pool's almost ready and there's a golf course a mile down the road.

Good morning everyone. This is the first time today that I've been able to say that here.

When I used to work in [city redacted] horizontal rain was common. You'd arrive at the commuter train and either the front or back side of you would be soaked through, and the other side would be bone dry. It was always better to have the front side soaked, then at least you had a dry seat for the train ride home.

Umbrellas quickly became shields deployed in front of you, or behind you, but it didn't matter you still got soaked.

It's because of that cousins Cooter and Bufford hit the work shed and came up with "Cooter & Bufford's Rain Shield".

You see the idea was that you could develop a product that was light, allowed easy movement, and didn't need a place to dry out when not in use.

That's where the plan failed.

It turns out that unlike bees wax used in Sno-Seal, etc. lard actually can go rancid and smell.

And they found out the hard way that people don't actually like to cover all their clothes in lard. Gotta hand it to them though. They really tried to hold on tight to that old man as they covered him in lard during the product demonstrations at the local mall, but he just kept shooting out from their grip and went sliding across the mall floor.

Cooter and Bufford were late to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofMpqFPkSQ

Do you have a place in mind? Are you thinking Shelton/Olympic Peninsula? My BIL was telling us they're thinking about buying a lot - cheap - on Anderson Island, which is the southernmost island in Puget Sound. It has ferry service. I guess it's trying to position itself as the Next Big Thing in vacation spots.

Hoquiam Aberdeen area. Or maybe Ocean Shores. This trip is an explore the area trip. Although I’ve been up there a million times in my life we were always at Grandmas house or at the lake place.
The house my sister has for sale is in Hoquiam . Going to check it out.

We will be there Jan 19-26.

Today was my aunt Lucy's Birthday. Actually my mother's aunt ( my grandmother's sister), who was virtually my grandmother. She would have been 123.

Wait... there is a fancier, newer forum???

Does that mean they banned this thread from the fancy new forum, and it's relegated to some low tech backwater system that nobody cares about?

You might have something there?

Today was my aunt Lucy's Birthday. Actually my mother's aunt ( my grandmother's sister), who was virtually my grandmother. She would have been 123.

Yes, but she lived to be just under two months shy of her 101st birthday. I hope we inherited her good genes!

I'm usually here when I get up and then as I go to bed. Maybe check in a few times during the day. It's disruptive to have the thread down. First world problems, right?

Hoquiam Aberdeen area. Or maybe Ocean Shores. This trip is an explore the area trip. Although I’ve been up there a million times in my life we were always at Grandmas house or at the lake place.
The house my sister has for sale is in Hoquiam . Going to check it out.

We will be there Jan 19-26.

Hoquiam would be close enough to visit easily!

Top Bottom