FS: Bruko Cedar Top Mahogany Soprano - $250 Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPG

Reaction score
I'm selling my Bruko soprano. It has cedar top and mahogany neck, back, and sides. The back is arched.

PRICE REDUCED:

$225 Shipped USPS Priority CONUSA.

OR

$200 local pickup

Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SKvRFaG1P5TVR2Ys8

It's a fun little uke, but I've bought too many ukes lately and this one doesn't see much play these days.

I bought it this past March directly form Bruko for $345 total. With current exchange rates it looks like you could get a new one of these for between $330 and $340, so the $250 price is about 25% off of what a new one would cost you.

It will come with the light weight gig bag that Bruko included with it. I replaced the plastic saddle with one I made of ebony and it is currently strung with Worth Browns. I kept the original strings and original saddle and they will be included in the front pocket of the gig bag.

It does have one flaw from the factory that I noticed when it arrived. It's just a little impression in the top next to the g-side of the bridge. It's about 1/4" long and right along the grain line, so it's barely noticeable. I looks like it was probably there before the finish was put on and got missed during final sanding because it just looks like part of the grain. There is a closeup the photos album that shows it.

I can find a couple tiny very light surface scratches just from being played/handled but nothing I can photograph easily. Other then being played periodically on my lunch breaks at work it has sat in a desk drawer in its gig bag.

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does it meet Bruko's reputation for high action and bright sound, or. ??
Will you play us a tune?
Pretty little thing...

Last edited:
The action is good. I think it came set between 2.75mm and 3mm. So not super low but definitely what I consider the acceptable range. I lowered it a little when I made the ebony saddle so now it more like 2.5mm-2.75mm still not super low but totally good. I think 2.5mm is about ideal for me.

It definitely sounds like a Bruko. It's got that Bruko clang, but I think the cedar gives it a fuller sound with more low end and complexity then some. Definitely not as bright as some recordings I've heard, but again, it still has the Bruko sound.

I can try to post a sound sample tomorrow and confirm the action height tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just remembered I posted a couple videos to YouTube when I first got it. Here's me noodling around on it with Martin M600.

https://youtu.be/ZplAM1rcV6U

https://youtu.be/2w3RbrUYQt4

The Worth Browns that are on it now mellow it out a little more too (though it also sounds good with the Martin M600s, Worth CMs, and Martin Premiums).

I can make a new video tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ok Tracie. Here is a new sound sample. Its not as good as I would have liked because my son is napping right now so I had to do it on my front step and it picked up a lot of the city noise (also I screwed up everything I was playing but oh well).

Hopefully, even though it's a cell phone mic with less than ideal conditions and less than ideal playing it will give you a decent idea of the sound.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EJ3GSsdvwmKh2sSe8

EDIT: I went out back and got a better sound sample I think.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/P14mZtz6P96umYji6

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Of course, I cant find my string height gauge when I need it but using a little metal ruler I'd say its about 2.75mm from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the c string.

Nice pickin'!
I've not heard "Freight Train" on a uke before.
The intonation is impressive on those high frets.
And I really like the look of that cedar.

But I'm swimming in ukes, better sell something first (prob in mahogany since I now have FIVE solid hog sops, LOL.)

Nice pickin'!
I've not heard "Freight Train" on a uke before.
The intonation is impressive on those high frets.
And I really like the look of that cedar.

But I'm swimming in ukes, better sell something first (prob in mahogany since I now have FIVE solid hog sops, LOL.)

Thanks. Yeah it's a really cool little uke. I fell in love with the look of the cedar and mahogany as soon as I saw it on their website.

Btw, that version of Freight Train is the first tune in James Hill's book "Duets for One". It's a great book and I really need to get around to learning more of a tunes out of it one of these days (and relearn that ending that I keep messing up).

LOL. That is indeed a nice collection of sopranos you have. Based on your signature it is clear that you do not have the same self-imposed uke limit that I have :)

Last edited:
Saturday bump to top. This lovely Bruko is still available!

It's Saturday evening. Order some take-out, put the kids to bed, then sit back and relax with a couple of drinks and impulsively buy this ukulele! You know you want to.

Bruko fan here! But I already have more than I need! This really looks like an outstanding value! The workmanship on these is exceptional!

Bruko fan here! But I already have more than I need! This really looks like an outstanding value! The workmanship on these is exceptional!

Thanks! The workmanship is indeed lovely. At about 65% of new, yeah I think this is a really good value for someone. Two people have subscribed to the the google photo album of it so I know it's being watched:) It'll find a good home soon enough.

Last edited:
One final end of the month bump to the top.

I'm not going to bump this up again, at least not for quite a while. I always lock my threads after my instruments sell, so if you see this thread and it's still open, even if it's several pages down, PM me because if it's not locked it's probably still available.

Still $225 shipped or $200 local pickup.

Thanks!

Someone has got to buy this - it’s killing me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom