Enya Nova U Carbon Travel Ukulele - REVIEWED

Thanks Dave for chiming it. I can do $69 US$ for Uke them do $59 US$ for shipping, then when it gets to border, get hit with taxes and perhaps a custom fee. Post it you see it on Amazon Canada. I played HPL tenor in Halifax the other day. It was great. Well built, super value. If I didn’t have a Fluke tenor, TT solid top spruce/ laminate I’d had purchased in on the spot.

Still curious about the weight of these ukuleles.

Sorry, above should have read “can’t” do all those costs. First, US$ to CND$ not good right now. Second, we ALWAYS get dinged with taxes, custom crap on in coming. I will watch Amazon.ca or keep an eye out in my travels for one of these.

I just placed my order for a black one. I've been hoping Outdoor Ukulele would make a concert, but Enya beat them to it.

Baz - they should give you a commission on all the folks who buy because of your review;)
Your strings sounded great - what did you put on it?

Thanks for all you do for the uke community!

Try this since you're waiting. Go through the order process, but don't finalize payment (ie make sure you filled out email and have items in cart). Just wait a few days.

I received the "Hey, you didn't spend money on items in cart" email the first day.
Second day "Hey, get FREE US SHIPPING" . Which was already free, but I know that shop owners on Shopify can do offers based on abandoned carts. So I'm wondering if it will be free to CA too at that point.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. It is a hard spill to swallow.....$59.00 shipping on a $69.00 uke. Especially when I bought my other two Enyas through Amazon Prime with free shipping.

I just placed my order for a black one. I've been hoping Outdoor Ukulele would make a concert, but Enya beat them to it.

Baz - they should give you a commission on all the folks who buy because of your review;)

Hey TobyDog congratulations on being first kid on the UU block to order one. Please do a NUD when you have put it through its paces and let us know how you like it.

I only ever review ukuleles with the strings they arrive with - the only way to approach them. Some will like them , some won't. These are the Enya Fluoros - I actually like the tone, but don't like the tension.

Thanks for kind words Toby!

Hey TobyDog congratulations on being first kid on the UU block to order one. Please do a NUD when you have put it through its paces and let us know how you like it.

Nah - the first on UU to get one was Bazmaz.... ;-)

I just noticed on: https://www.enya-music.com/collections/ukulele
The $20 off pre-order discount is set to expire on 9/30/19.

I'm getting a blue one. I very much look forward to it! This is such a cool design. I always liked the feel of electric guitars or really thin body acoustics better than full size guitars and I think it may be that way for me with ukes too.

I wondered whether the offers would expire - natural for a brand to offer early discounts. It's why I kept the discounted prices to the STOP PRESS at the foot of my review rather than the main price section. Still - my scores are based on the RRP price so I still think it's good value!

I wondered whether the offers would expire - natural for a brand to offer early discounts. It's why I kept the discounted prices to the STOP PRESS at the foot of my review rather than the main price section. Still - my scores are based on the RRP price so I still think it's good value!

Just the case alone looks like it would add quite a bit to the value. It looks very sturdy...maybe somewhere between good gib-bag and hard case?

Close :) but I ordered mine over three weeks ago :) [ #1057 on 8/20 ] No worries, I'm sure there are others....

View attachment 121333

Last edited:
I ordered mine on August 19th. 12:18pm Central Time Zone.

I don’t normally keep track, but the receipt from Enya told me so.

I didn’t initially feel the need to say that I ordered mine first—but now that others are doing so...

It doesn’t matter...Baz got his free, and mine will probably take longer to get here than those of you who ordered after me! :)

I WILL be doing a comparison between the Outdoor and the Enya...after I review the Enya on its own. My Outdoor reviews were published last month (YouTube.com/ukestuff)

I am intrigued by this instrument and was impressed by the sound on the video. It was nothing like the boxy sound I sometimes hear on plastic instruments. Sure, it was not quite like wood, but pleasing, sort of like my feeling about the old Maccaferri Islanders. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing other reviews. One thing that I am weighing out is the shape. I know may like that faux Les Paul look, but I am not sure. I kind of go back and forth on that.

I am intrigued by this instrument and was impressed by the sound on the video. It was nothing like the boxy sound I sometimes hear on plastic instruments. Sure, it was not quite like wood, but pleasing, sort of like my feeling about the old Maccaferri Islanders. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing other reviews. One thing that I am weighing out is the shape. I know may like that faux Les Paul look, but I am not sure. I kind of go back and forth on that.

I don't like the faux Les Paul look either, but I like the sound, and the ruggedness of it. And of course the price!!

I thought I was going to order, but then realized I've wanted a Gold Tone Little Gem for at least a year. So i got one used on Reverb for $115 including shipping and tax. The Christmas parade isn't far off and with lights inside that will be fun. I already have a Flight TUS, so I think I have enough plastic ukes.

Top Bottom