what are you reading?

I just finished Robert B. Parker's Ceremony, part of the Spenser series, which I have read most of and have decided to go back and do in its entirety and in order.
I am just starting Sniper Elite - One Way Trip by Scott McEwen, who wrote American Sniper. So far pretty okay.

I'm currently reading 'Tunesmith: Inside the Art of Songwriting' by Jimmy Webb. It's really good for anyone who's interested in songs, songwriters, and songwriting.

All my life I had it as a goal to read the whole Bible cover to cover. I got a late start but so far I have read from Genesis to Matthew which I guess means Iʻm over 3/4 ways to my goal! :shaka:

My Hawaiian is very rusty but my next book will be Ka Baibala Hemolele.

Today I started at the beginning of my old, old two volume set of The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I’ve had the set since I was a boy, and I’ve read it through more than once. I’ve also picked many of the stories to read over and over. To me Basil Rathbone is Holmes, and Nigel Bruce is Dr. Watson. I’ve seen the movies many times. Conan Doyle’s relaxed narrative is a treat to read. I’m really looking forward to reading the stories yet another time.

I'm currently reading 'Tunesmith: Inside the Art of Songwriting' by Jimmy Webb. It's really good for anyone who's interested in songs, songwriters, and songwriting.

That's on my short list.

This is my latest read;
Dodge City: Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, and the Wickedest Town in the American West
by Tom Clavin (non fiction)

Dodge City, Kansas, is a place of legend. The town that started as a small military site exploded with the coming of the railroad, cattle drives, eager miners, settlers, and various entrepreneurs passing through to populate the expanding West. Before long, Dodge City’s streets were lined with saloons and brothels and its populace was thick with gunmen, horse thieves, and desperadoes of every sort. By the 1870s, Dodge City was known as the most violent and turbulent town in the West.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JZ72HGI/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Just finished 'Waverly' by Sir Walter Scott, and about to start on 'Don Quixote' by Miguel de Cervantes. After that will be 'Gulliver's Travels' by Jonathan Swift. Those should keep me occupied for a while! :)

about to finish 'Snow Falling On Cedars' by David Gutterson.
a little frustrating, but often captivating and compelling. his character portraits are so bare and beautiful.
next, i think, will be the epic biography of Muhummad Ali, by Jonathan Eig.

Oh, I've read that, Jon ... but a while ago and I've completely forgotten it. I've just started reading Andre Agassi's autobiography, "Open", written with the help of a Pulitzer prize winning journalist and, according to all the reviews, far superior to your average sporting biog.

The Kite Runner. This book is much better than I thought it would be. I feared there would be a geopolitical aspect which might weigh down the story but thankfully those fears were unfounded. I like the author's writing style and the messages are deftly woven into the story.

Ali, by Jonathan Eig.
only 50+ pages in, but has the air of an epic.
very scant on the childhood years, but we see where we go from here i guess...

I've been reading a lot of books and pamphlets by Cornelius R Stam, Berean Bible Society.

finding them very interesting and enlightening.

Finished John Bright's History of Israel a few weeks back. Also very interesting.

Happy Easter, Everyone!

He is Risen!

keep uke'in', :)

Top Bottom