Festival 15th Annual Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival, Seattle, 9/10/23 + UU on tour!

TimWilson

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Staff member
UU+
Reaction score
On a recent Ukulele Underground podcast, UU founder and chief instructor Aldrine Guerrero spok quite movingly about his past experiences at Seattle's Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival, coming again this year on September 10, from 11am to 10pm at the Seattle Center. He and Aaron Nakamura will be making a couple of additional appearances around Washington that weekend, so I'll let Aldrine tell you about it here.

Here's more information on the Live Aloha Festival itself:

More information at the Live Aloha Festival site, here.

Details on the rest of the mini-tour to follow soon!

Last edited:
I was lucky to catch their show in Edmonds on Thursday and I'll be checking em out again at the festival tomorrow! Hoping to get a jam with them and STRUM sometime during the day and also Neal Chin plays at 4:30!!

I'd love to meet any UU'ers in attendance! Feel free to DM me here to coordinate or tap me on the shoulder and say hi if you see me (I'm the one below in the UU shirt and tomorrow I'll be wearing my TUS "Aloha Pass it On" shirt).

Stoked!!

1000020356.jpg

Seeing those videos makes me wish that I could attend. ☹️ Found out that several friends will be there today.

Last edited:
@hands_on_lanzon Was this on Sunday? I was up there eating lunch on the balcony, and if I missed this because I was too focused on my Korean/Mex loaded fries, I will be soooooooo bummed!

(BTW, I think I passed you as you were coming out of the Armory at about 12:30; were you carrying a black backpack? Khaki shorts? I recognized the t-shirt. By the time I realized it was -probably- you, we were lost in the crowd, or I would have yelled hello!)

Last edited:
@hands_on_lanzon Was this on Sunday? I was up there eating lunch on the balcony, and if I missed this because I was too focused on my Korean/Mex loaded fries, I will be soooooooo bummed!

(BTW, I think I passed you as you were coming out of the Armory at about 12:30; were you carrying a black backpack? Khaki shorts? I recognized the t-shirt. By the time I realized it was -probably- you, we were lost in the crowd, or I would have yelled hello!)
The STRUM jam was Sunday, probably afternoon around 2something... after Aldrine's performance.

It was likely me, heading out of the Armory in a rush to find my wife in the food lines, before Aldrine's show time at 12:45. My black gig bag was carrying my uke for the STRUM along later! 😁

This pic was near the end of the day.. got to talk story with Aldrine and Aaron, while we waited for Neal to come out after his 4:30 performance. Then had a few laughs with all of 'em together before giving them their space. Like Aldrine said in the podcasts, they were hanging all day and welcoming to anyone who wanted meet up, say hi and hang out.

1000020592.jpg

The STRUM jam was Sunday, probably afternoon around 2something... after Aldrine's performance.

It was likely me, heading out of the Armory in a rush to find my wife in the food lines, before Aldrine's show time at 12:45. My black gig bag was carrying my uke for the STRUM along later! 😁

This pic was near the end of the day.. got to talk story with Aldrine and Aaron, while we waited for Neal to come out after his 4:30 performance. Then had a few laughs with all of 'em together before giving them their space. Like Aldrine said in the podcasts, they were hanging all day and welcoming to anyone who wanted meet up, say hi and hang out.

View attachment 158199
Yes, that was you I saw! We left right after Aldrine’s performance, now I wish we had stayed and gone back up to the Fisher roof. Oh well, next time!

hands_on_lanzon, thanks for the video! Heard that Aldrine & Neal played with STRUM but hadn’t seen any videos.

Top Bottom