Price
$2000
Shipping
$100
Size
Soprano

BenV

Reaction score
$2000. Up for sale is an amazing sounding 3k ukulele made in the early to mid 20s. This has the original thin varnish finish. Martin switched to laquer sometime in the late 20s. The thin varnish instruments are widely though to be more resonant than the thicker laquer finishes of later models.

All original except for the upgraded Gotoh geared planetary tuners. No cracks!!! Rare with koa instruments of this vintage.

The top finish definitely had some loss and crazing, but it is stable and typical of old varnish instruments. Violins are the same way with how the finish ages. Doesnt affect tone. A little bit of bridge belly because the tops on these ones are so thin. Not unusual and its totally stable. Hasnt changed since I've owned it.

Speaking of tone, there is a reason why these are so collectable. Sweet and warm with tons of sustain and nuance. Arguably the best ukuleles ever made. You wont be dissapointed! Only selling to get a larger size. Big hands. :(

Comes with a newer hardshell case.

Will ship with Paypal payment only! $100 shipping.

Aloha!

Attachments

• IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_9241.jpeg
    IMG_9241.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_9244.jpeg
    IMG_9244.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_9883.jpeg
    IMG_9883.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Hi! No repairs! I bought it because of its originality.

See rules about identifying slip of paper to insure you are the owner.

$2000. Up for sale is an amazing sounding 3k ukulele made in the early to mid 20s. This has the original thin varnish finish. Martin switched to laquer sometime in the late 20s. The thin varnish instruments are widely though to be more resonant than the thicker laquer finishes of later models.

All original except for the upgraded Gotoh geared planetary tuners. No cracks!!! Rare with koa instruments of this vintage.

The top finish definitely had some loss and crazing, but it is stable and typical of old varnish instruments. Violins are the same way with how the finish ages. Doesnt affect tone. A little bit of bridge belly because the tops on these ones are so thin. Not unusual and its totally stable. Hasnt changed since I've owned it.

Speaking of tone, there is a reason why these are so collectable. Sweet and warm with tons of sustain and nuance. Arguably the best ukuleles ever made. You wont be dissapointed! Only selling to get a larger size. Big hands. :(

Comes with a newer hardshell case.

Will ship with Paypal payment only! $100 shipping.

Aloha!
Gorgeous uke, GLWTS!

Hi Hank! I'm at work but I can make a video and send it to you tomorrow. :)

Tried uplad video but you cant just upload a video. Boo! You can private message me with your number and I can text it to you. ;)

BenV, if so inclined, you can upload the video to YouTube and post the link here.

Top Bottom