Sold 2x Myers Acoustic Pickups - Attachable Condenser Mics

Price
$150
Shipping
Included to CONUS. Buyer pays insurance.
Size
Mini Condenser Mic

roastbeast

Reaction score
Originally bought these to be able to plug in some customs to my amp and computer for performance and recording without defacing my ukes. Shortly after getting them I acquired a uke with a preamp installed and I haven't used them since. Purchased directly from https://www.myerspickups.com/ and have had probably less than 20 hours of playtime for each. Both are in mint condition. Great for players with multiple acoustic ukes. These work by way of suction cup attaching to your uke. Just wipe the surface area of your uke clean, dust off the suction cup, run a drop of water between your fingers then rub onto suction cup and stick. Sturdy seal. Lift suction cup off by gently sliding your nail between suction cup and uke.

Sound quality is super accurate. Tested it out with a luthier buddy and we had to turn his amp on and off a couple timed to make sure it was working. Recreated the sound perfectly to our ears. Works best with 1/4 in male to XLR cable due to impedance. These pickups are watch battery powered and have level control dials.

Grip 6" Micro Goose Neck: https://www.myerspickups.com/products/the-grip-flexible-micro-gooseneck

Retail: $204 + tax
UU: $150

The Feather Pickup System: https://www.myerspickups.com/products/the-feather

Retail: $214 + tax
UU: $160

Happy to virtually demo. Mahalo!

Attachments

• 20230524_164958.jpg
    20230524_164958.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230524_164916.jpg
    20230524_164916.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230524_162752.jpg
    20230524_162752.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 26
Originally bought these to be able to plug in some customs to my amp and computer for performance and recording without defacing my ukes. Shortly after getting them I acquired a uke with a preamp installed and I haven't used them since. Purchased directly from https://www.myerspickups.com/ and have had probably less than 20 hours of playtime for each. Both are in mint condition. Great for players with multiple acoustic ukes. These work by way of suction cup attaching to your uke. Just wipe the surface area of your uke clean, dust off the suction cup, run a drop of water between your fingers then rub onto suction cup and stick. Sturdy seal. Lift suction cup off by gently sliding your nail between suction cup and uke.

Sound quality is super accurate. Tested it out with a luthier buddy and we had to turn his amp on and off a couple timed to make sure it was working. Recreated the sound perfectly to our ears. Works best with 1/4 in male to XLR cable due to impedance. These pickups are watch battery powered and have level control dials.

Grip 6" Micro Goose Neck: https://www.myerspickups.com/products/the-grip-flexible-micro-gooseneck

Retail: $204 + tax
UU: $150

The Feather Pickup System: https://www.myerspickups.com/products/the-feather

Retail: $214 + tax
UU: $160

Happy to virtually demo. Mahalo!
Have you compared these to other portable pickups like the new Kremona with the volumne knob or the installed ones like MiSi or LR Baggs?

Have you compared these to other portable pickups like the new Kremona with the volumne knob or the installed ones like MiSi or LR Baggs?
I have MiSi and LR Baggs installed on my ukes. No experience with Kremona.

Pros of Myers:
  • Most accurate acoustic sound of them all
  • Will pick up much more accurate percussion tones. Doing percussion on ukes with undersaddle elements results in thuddy percussion
  • Detachable, can be used on multiple ukes
  • Can be used on different types of instruments
  • Can be used as regular mic too
  • Much wider level range from pickup
  • Battery will last for hundreds of hours of play
  • Don't have to risk drilling into your uke to use

Cons of Myers:
  • Learning curve. Have to experiment with best placement.
  • Turning volume knob on pickup when plugged into amps with 1/4" / XLR combo jack with phantom power ON using 1/4" to 1/4" cable will generate feedback while turning volume knob. No feedback when plugged into pedal first. No feedback if using 1/4" to XLR. SOLUTION: I will include a 1/4" to XLR adapter for each. But still recommend 1/4" to XLR cable for best sound quality.
- As with any mic pickup, can generate more feedback than an undersaddle piezzo element
-Changing battery requires opening up the pickup. Tools to change battery are included and Myers has a tutorial video on their website. Probably similar hassle to digging into your uke soundhole to change LR Baggs battery.

I have MiSi and LR Baggs installed on my ukes. No experience with Kremona.

Pros of Myers:
  • Most accurate acoustic sound of them all
  • Will pick up much more accurate percussion tones. Doing percussion on ukes with undersaddle elements results in thuddy percussion
  • Detachable, can be used on multiple ukes
  • Can be used on different types of instruments
  • Can be used as regular mic too
  • Much wider level range from pickup
  • Battery will last for hundreds of hours of play
  • Don't have to risk drilling into your uke to use

Cons of Myers:
  • Learning curve. Have to experiment with best placement.
  • Turning volume knob on pickup when plugged into amps with 1/4" / XLR combo jack with phantom power ON using 1/4" to 1/4" cable will generate feedback while turning volume knob. No feedback when plugged into pedal first. No feedback if using 1/4" to XLR. SOLUTION: I will include a 1/4" to XLR adapter for each. But still recommend 1/4" to XLR cable for best sound quality.
- As with any mic pickup, can generate more feedback than an undersaddle piezzo element
-Changing battery requires opening up the pickup. Tools to change battery are included and Myers has a tutorial video on their website. Probably similar hassle to digging into your uke soundhole to change LR Baggs battery.
Thanks for all the info. I mainly have MiSi and LR Baggs in my instruments that I would plug in. I have some without pickups that would be nice to plug in if I wanted to. Your Myers new is about what it costs to have one of the pickups installed. Of course then it is only used on that ukulele. Yours can be used on any with out a pickup. Let me think about whether I prefer a dedicated active pickup to do away with any possible feedback.

Thanks for all the info. I mainly have MiSi and LR Baggs in my instruments that I would plug in. I have some without pickups that would be nice to plug in if I wanted to. Your Myers new is about what it costs to have one of the pickups installed. Of course then it is only used on that ukulele. Yours can be used on any with out a pickup. Let me think about whether I prefer a dedicated active pickup to do away with any possible feedback.
In So Cal and from the Ukulele Site, pick up cost + install is $250-300 for LR Baggs and MiSi :p

In So Cal and from the Ukulele Site, pick up cost + install is $250-300 for LR Baggs and MiSi :p
I had a friend with a uke store here but he is gone now. 6 years ago I was able to buy the pickups at his cost which was much cheaper. I think I still can have a LR Baggs with controls installed for 250. Locally.

Top Bottom