New Uke Day (NUD) 3 in 1

How cool are they, way to go Mike! Did you buy them from another collector or is this one of those lucky garage sale story? They look to be in exceptional condition.

Hey Joe:

Actually, all three were eBay purchases that all just happened to arrive at the same time . . . and there are two more coming - and 1960's Decca and a 1950's Capitol.

The Regal isn't a great player, but does have a cool 'vintage' tone. The Harmony and the Kent are both surprisingly nice. I just got lucky to find a small stash of these things all listed on eBay at the same time.

Hey Joe:

Actually, all three were eBay purchases that all just happened to arrive at the same time . . . and there are two more coming - and 1960's Decca and a 1950's Capitol.

The Regal isn't a great player, but does have a cool 'vintage' tone. The Harmony and the Kent are both surprisingly nice. I just got lucky to find a small stash of these things all listed on eBay at the same time.
Thanks for the reply Mike. That's some good sleuthing on eBay. Hope the Decca and Capitol are in as great shape. You do know that we wouldn't object to you posting back to this thread with pictures of your next additions. 😉

Okay folks - you asked for it, you got it . . . here are the last two inexpensive vintage ukes from my latest raid of eBay:

DecCap.jpg

L: Decca (circa: 1960's)
R: Capitol (circa 1950's)

. . . and if you think that both of them look VERY much alike - you are absolutely right.

Well done.

Okay folks - you asked for it, you got it . . . here are the last two inexpensive vintage ukes from my latest raid of eBay:

View attachment 159212

. . . and if you think that both of them look VERY much alike - you are absolutely right.
They may have been made by the same company. I know the Decca was made by Nippon Gakki. Perhaps the Capitol too.

View attachment 159212

I’ve never seen dot markers on the first fret before. Now, 4 of your vintage ukes have them.

I absolutely love these old sopranos, unfortunately they never actually seem to be all that inexpensive when they turn up in the UK!

How do they play? I imagine they’re pretty solidly built?
My Decca plays surprisingly well. Very light build with thin woods and almost non-existing bracing.

Long story short - I love inexpensive 'vintage' ukes . . . and these three sopranos all showed up today:

View attachment 159064

L:
Regal (late 40's - early 50's)
M:
Harmony (mid 60's - mid 70's)
R:
Kent (mid 60's - Late 70's)
Very often, those vintage ukes are being offered for much more than they sold for new. Like old cars, it's nice to preserve them.

Mike, I still listen to your CD all the time. I think my dog even knows them by heart! You play and sing really well. I just wanted to say hi. Gorgeous ukes!

Top Bottom