620! I Don't Know

“Maths” is my favorite term of all time, and has my thinking of changing my career path after 28 years. The rest of our faculty at school just think I am weird. :)
It IS "maths" - why do you Americans always have to switch perfectly good English around! Go for it, Dave!

It IS "maths" - why do you Americans always have to switch perfectly good English around! Go for it, Dave!
It's mostly due to the efforts of Noah Webster to cast off the effects of British rule but a lot of the spellings Webster used already existed as they hadn't, and in some cases still haven't, been standardized 😂 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_spelling

Yes, I've read that before, Rob ... they just wanted to distinguish themselves from the evil Brits! (And the result is that they can't spell!) But having said that, even as late as Shakespeare's time, English spelling was all over the place, too. Er ... no offence intended to any of my American friends; thank you and good NITE!!!

Last edited:
Yes, well obviously ... it's all the Normans' fault. I mean, what did the Normans ever do for us??? (Actually. interesting fact ... the English dictionary is quite a lot bigger than the French dictionary, because the English language had so many inputs from other countries, resulting in a far greater diversity of words.) Should we stop this fascinating discussion before we get kicked off the thread? Perhaps we need to start a dedicated board to discuss linguistics ... it must be a subject of great import to all ukulele afficionados.

Last edited:
I never did say what the winners for this week would get as a prize. Well, go big or go home as my favorite midget ladyboy hooker always used to say... There are three winners this week and each will receive ........ drum roll, please!

A PONY!!!

The Norman Invasion.png

I hope everything pans out in the end between you and work. Congrats to all the winners on your new little ponies. Thanks, Joko!

I hope everything pans out in the end between you and work. Congrats to all the winners on your new little ponies. Thanks, Joko!
Yes indeed, Joko. Hope things work out satisfactorily for you.

Top Bottom