A chess site are going to do an article about me.

Yaaaaay

I'm so overexcited I'm struggling with self discipline today.

Especially because I've been handed a nice chance to pioneer something.

If you look at the success stories on their site it's all male chess players talking about how their wives support them lol. Looking forward to being their first female success story. I'm no domestic helpmeet. I can dirty flag people and do complicated annihilation moves in the middle of a 15sec no increment maelstrom too.

This has also inspired me to try harder to improve and to play in more difficult events even if it's ego destructive.

My new routine is play at least one ultrabullet or hyperbullet arena every evening.

I don't win anything because hyper and ultra are not divided by experience level and I'm playing in the big pool with the big sharks. It's paying off though. I beat 3 people 600 whole points higher than me last night. Slowly that experience will quicken my reaction time and I will be one of those sharks.

Ok so I'll be talking with their staff today to decide on a date for the interview.

I feel weird about this. Positive things happening seems weird and alien.

Like going to a coffee shop and being served a latte by a 8ft blue tarantula who listens to Rammstein and picks his nose. 8ft tall arachnids are not real..where's the part where this turns out to be some sort of just...anomaly? Someone's cat walked across the keyboard?

Time to take a break from the news for a bit. Life's not all someone dropping bombs on each other.

No this will be a written article for the success stories section over at their site.

I'm slightly loopy from overexcitement. Everything is either an innuendo or a poop joke. Imma go for a run to calm down.

I've been telling friends and relatives for a long time that "Poop-Talk Radio" would be a hit. (Mainly for seniors). 😆
My (then) 89-year-old father-in-law, now long gone, reported in one morning with a phone call, saying, “I have good news and bad news.”

The good news: “I had a wonderful bowel movement this morning.”

The bad news: “My urine was cloudy.”

My (then) 89-year-old father-in-law, now long gone, reported in one morning with a phone call, saying, “I have good news and bad news.”

The good news: “I had a wonderful bowel movement this morning.”

The bad news: “My urine was cloudy.”
My friends and I talk like that all the time.

A chess streamer I follow always talks about poop too. I don't even use the term 'hello' any more I just show up in the chat and yell POO

I feel a bit silly for accepting this now. I'm not special. I'm no GM.

Still.

I'm not going to pass up a shiny article with dreamy dark blue graphics.

I feel a bit silly for accepting this now. I'm not special. I'm no GM.
Most of the GMs never followed the path that you are now on. You are working your way up the ranks, using some of the tactics and strategies that the interviewing group puts forth. And you have taken notable jumps in this regard. SO you are perfect for this article.

Most of the GMs never followed the path that you are now on. You are working your way up the ranks, using some of the tactics and strategies that the interviewing group puts forth. And you have taken notable jumps in this regard. SO you are perfect for this article.
Yeah I will be forever grateful to Avetik Grigoryan (Armenian GM who runs ChessMood) because the tactics class was completely free as part of a promotional event.

It would normally have cost me 80 euros which I don't always have to spare.

It has been very valuable especially in the fast time controls which are mostly tactics because deeper positional stuff would take time you don't have in the middle of those maelstroms.

And I have had exactly fifteen minutes of sleep.

Thanks body. Thanks. All the times you could have chosen to malfunction.

Okay update: Interview was great despite my being very sleep deprived. I was a bit nervous at first but warmed up and really enjoyed talking about my experiences. Some questions they sent me beforehand ended up not coming up but that's fine - I didn't hugely care to take a 'women in chess' angle and really just enjoyed talking the interviewer's ear off about tactics and blunders. I am slightly freaked out at how much genuine positivity started pouring out of my mouth. LOL

Top Bottom