A Little Pre-Christmas Tune

That was wonderful! Very well played. Great one Bill.

Nice one Bill mate - congrats. Hope you’re well. 👍🏻 Dave x

Nice one Bill mate - congrats. Hope you’re well. 👍🏻 Dave x
Thank you so much, Dave! So good to see you, and hoping things are going well for you too!
Love your great new avatar photo-- perfect for the next album cover... :D

Last edited:
Oh, that's beautiful, Bill. You played that so well, and your recording has a such clear tone. Had it not been for the video, I wouldn't have guessed this to be from a ukulele.

(Also, I see you're lefty)

Oh, that's beautiful, Bill. You played that so well, and your recording has a such clear tone. Had it not been for the video, I wouldn't have guessed this to be from a ukulele.

(Also, I see you're lefty)
Thanks, RM! I like to tune a tenor uke downward a full step, to "f Bb D G." Not only does that make for a more comfortable string tension (Martin M-620's in this case), but it also lends a nice relaxed, mellow vibe to the tunes. And yes, I'm a lefty, although I don't re-sequence the strings; I just take a standard-strung uke (or guitar) and "flip it around the other way." I guess that's a little unusual, but it's always felt "right" for me!

Thanks, RM! I like to tune a tenor uke downward a full step, to "f Bb D G." Not only does that make for a more comfortable string tension (Martin M-620's in this case), but it also lends a nice relaxed, mellow vibe to the tunes. And yes, I'm a lefty, although I don't re-sequence the strings; I just take a standard-strung uke (or guitar) and "flip it around the other way." I guess that's a little unusual, but it's always felt "right" for me!
And it was alright by Jimi too... :)

Great job Bill, you made that Kmise sing. Easy to see why your audience loves your performances. Thanks for sharing with us.

There are so many lovely French Christmas carols, and this is definitely one of them. Nice arrangement, and great playing, Bill. Thanks for kicking off the season in style!

1699508200383.png

And it was alright by Jimi too... :)
(y) Oh, also, RM, as to the recording quality, I just propped up my cell phone "horizontally" (landscape?) on my kitchen counter and pressed "Record" on my camera/video function. Seems like the cellphones nowadays tend to have pretty respectable built-in mics. The small kitchen area in my apartment has a linoleum floor, so maybe that lends itself to a natural reverb!

Although I'm not very tech-oriented, I managed to use my USB/charging cable to transfer the video from my cell phone over to my laptop computer. Once it was on the laptop (saved in "pictures"), I went to my YouTube site and "chose" it for YouTube publication, which then allowed me to "copy" the video's "URL" code onto my imaginary clipboard, and then to "paste" that code into the appropriate box when I clicked the "Insert Media" option within my original post on the thread here. Although I kind of stumbled through the process, it's fun to just take your time and see if you can figure things out!

Top Bottom