A very lucky NUD: Vintage Kamaka Baritone

UkeinPDX

Reaction score
I was very very lucky indeed to find an awesome musician and awesome person locally selling a 70's baritone Kamaka on Craigslist, and I had to jump on it.

I have been thinking of a new uke to mix things up (just sold one of my 2 tenors as they felt too similar), and have been wanting join the Kamaka club for a while now. Vintage seemed like a interesting choice but they can be all over the board for condition and almost all of them are soprano. This one fit the bill perfectly.

In wonderful condition, with a few nicks and scratches here and there. No cracks, all original parts. Stickers all in great shape. Original case. Fantastic condition for a 50 year old Kamaka! This thing is an absolute dream :) Prepare for jealousy, everybody!

Attachments

• IMG_4170 (1).jpg
    IMG_4170 (1).jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4169 (1).jpg
    IMG_4169 (1).jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 69
That is beautiful. I haven't been that interested in vintage Kamakas as the quality can apparently be a bit variable but I'd have no hesitation to get a Kamaka baritone if I had the chance. Congrats!

Wow, such a great find, congrats! It looks to be in great shape. I would have jumped on that one too.

And fear not everyone! Humidity in PDX is just over 40 at the moment. Once humidity drops a bit she’s going in the case with a humidifier.

And the previous owner mentioned that he kept it in a case without a humidifier for the years he has owned it. So I’m not too worried, but I do want to make sure I’m as good a caretaker as possible :)

I’m glad you are enjoying it so far! This beauty deserves as much love as I gave it while I was lucky enough to posses it. I made some great vids with it too. You know where to find me so give a ring anytime you want to jam.

I’m glad you are enjoying it so far! This beauty deserves as much love as I gave it while I was lucky enough to posses it. I made some great vids with it too. You know where to find me so give a ring anytime you want to jam.
Thank you, Andrew! She’s in great hands :) thank you for keeping it in great shape over the years!

Top Bottom