Aaaand we're back!

TimWilson

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Staff member
UU+
Reaction score
On the one hand, we finished the migration well ahead of schedule! On the other, it has taken a while for the security certificate to update. I'm showing some intermittent on and off with it, but please note: even if you're getting a warning, click on that warning, and you'll see very plainly that our certificates are in order and up to date! The message should go away soon....but I'm not seeing this warning on ALL browsers, just some, and not all the time.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 160416.png

Also please note that, as I've mentioned before, we'll have a few glitches as our new location updates its new address across the internet. Sometime Monday or Tuesday, we'll go offline for a VERY short time (minutes, not hours) to allow us to resync the database so that everyone around the world is all caught up.

Otherwise, we can use this thread to gather reports of any issues. I've spent these extra hours testing backstage, and I honestly haven't found a thing yet. We're looking rock solid to the naked eye, but that's not the same as operating under our full load. I'll be offline for a while this evening resting after what turned out to be a pretty stressful day -- I love the finishing the migration early, and HATED waiting for the security cert!!! -- but will be back at it all Sunday and beyond. :)

Thanks for your patience during the final months of bumps on the old server, and for what should hopefully be only a day or two of bumps as we get back underway here.

Cheers,
Tim
Mod

Woohooo! Thank you, sir!

I'm not getting any warnings on Safari.

Yeah, it's weird. It should be all off or all on, especially in the same location. I'm also not getting it at all on any mobile browsers (where most of our visits come from anyway).

Between the intermittent-ness of it, and the fact that our certificate shows as valid as plain as day, I'm not worried or I wouldn't have turned the site back on....but I do have an eye on it, and I'm keeping my support ticket for the migration open until it goes away. :)

Thank you Tim and all the other mods too! You rock!
I'm a mod on a guitar forum and understand the time and effort to keep these forums a fun and fair environment for all.
You are appreciated, very much!

Thank you Tim and all the other mods too! You rock!
I'm a mod on a guitar forum and understand the time and effort to keep these forums a fun and fair environment for all.
You are appreciated, very much!
Hats off to Tim.

And yes mods rock.

I am not a mod, but My wife moderates me all the time and I know its a tough job.

There was one major-ish glitch, that the email notifications weren't working on the new server. I couldn't figure out any reason why, so, when in doubt, reboot! That's what I did! Reset the email system, without making any other changes, and whaddya know, back in business!

I subscribe to a lot of forums, threads, and people, always have in every forum I've participated in... and all the emails that the system had been trying to send for the time that sending was offline arrived at once! 🤣

I think most people probably didn't even notice, but for me it was enough email landing all at once that I definitely noticed! 🤣

The notifications system in general is the one part of the site that I'm seeing a few glitches, but if the rest of you are seeing anything amiss, please let me know! On this thread, or via PM, whichever suits.

Yesterday was pretty quiet, so today is really our first day back under full load and we need a couple more "regular" days like this before I'll really know what we've got. I'm glad that most of you are seeing what I'm seeing, which is, so far so good! The little stuff should be worked out over the next couple of days, and I appreciate everyone keeping an eye out.

Mahalo,
Tim

Top Bottom