About the new Thunderbrown Aquila strings for bass ukuleles 20 -26 inches scale

So Am I the only one that had bad buzzing on both of my bass ukes with Thunderbrowns on them? Why must I be so unlucky? I'll have to swap them out. What a waste of $100. I love the feel and tone I get from them.
No, not the only one, I had the exact same problem. I have two custom made 24" 5 string bass ukes, one fretted and one frettless. I bought a set of both the t-browns and t-blacks and the browns are unplayable on both due to the E string buzz (the blacks sound fabulous). I contacted Aquila and while responsive, the only "solution" was to keep raising the action. Got to a silly height and still had the buzz. Looking to get a set of the flat spirals for the fretted bass as they have now released the low B string for those. How is your set working out?

Hi mimmo!
Hope you're well and still at Aquila!
I have a question about a comparison between the Thunderblacks and thunderbrown strings you make.
I have a Kala Rumbler ubass that had Pahoehoe strings on it that were beautifully smooth and not at all sticky.
I replaced them a little while ago with Thunderblacks, but have found these to be very tacky and difficult to slide on, especially the E and A strings. Will the thunderbrowns give me a more close playing experience to the Pahoehoe strings? I am currently having to use talcum powder on the Thunderblacks to make them easier to play.......
Many thanks 🙂

Ciao,
at first give a look which is the year when these Thunderblack were packaged. You see, the new version is not sticky and it is louder (3 and 4th has iron powder in the blend. Thunderbrown strings has a lot of copper powder so they are NOT sticky at all and louder and with much sustain. There are a few demo in youtube...
Mimmo

Ciao,
at first give a look which is the year when these Thunderblack were packaged. You see, the new version is not sticky and it is louder (3 and 4th has iron powder in the blend. Thunderbrown strings has a lot of copper powder so they are NOT sticky at all and louder and with much sustain. There are a few demo in youtube...
Mimmo
Thanks mimmo!
I think the Thunderblacks are a couple of years old at least - I had them a while before fitting them. Looking forward to trying out some thunderbrowns soon!
Mike

yeah, so they were made before the innovation..... can you send me a PM? I have an idea......ja
Hi Mimmo
Doesn't look like I'm able to PM you here - am I able to message you through the Aquila website at all? 🤔

Top Bottom