Almost NUD! Ko'olau Pictures and Video from HMS!

I finally got the uke and it's a beast! It took awhile since I added a pickup.

I shouldn't played so many songs as I forgot what came next! LOL

Well Dan the wait was definitely worth it. Beautiful instrument, as I said before my favorite sounding Ko'olau are spruce and koa and this one is a beast. Enjoy it

Sweet sound Daniel ! The tone, clarity and crispness on every fret are outstanding.

Thanks for the video. Where you get that cool Ko'olau shirt? :)

Thanks everyone. The uke is really killah! I like that it's a little on the heavy side as heavier ukes sound fuller to me.

Hodge, you can get the shirt at http://koolauukulele.com/products-page/shirts/ or if you talk to Andrew, I'm sure he can sell them too.

Stan, I'm not going to bring a uke and just play one of yours! hahaha

Very nice playing, and great sounding uke, congratulations! Would be interesting to hear how it compares to your other fine instruments. My Ko'olau is right up there with the best, probably my all time favorite.

No doubt Ko'olau is top shelf! In my opinion, Noa makes some of the best ukes out there, at very reasonable prices, and he keeps getting better. Congrats on this uke! It is a beauty and it sings!

Last edited:
That is one of the most gorgeous pieces of koa I've ever seen. The uke sounds as amazing as it looks too, Dan! I really enjoyed your playing. :)

Thank you. Ko'olau is truly one of the best ukes out there IMO. Thought they were ok but I believe they have improved throughout the years. Since Ko'olau and HMS shares the same facility, Noa is able to see and hear many brands so has the advantage of improving his skills.

Very nice playing, and great sounding uke, congratulations! Would be interesting to hear how it compares to your other fine instruments. My Ko'olau is right up there with the best, probably my all time favorite.

I think I'm gonna do a spruce comparison between the MBU, LFDM, and Ko'olau.

Interesting the Ko'olau's body is larger than my MBU. I don't know if that's the reason why it's loud. I know the new MBUs are larger, which I would think makes them louder.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Top Bottom