Amazing Grace

Hello again Wally,
Good job. Keep posting these, as they push me to think a bit. Amazing Grace is in 3/4 time. You've got everything there, but try to play the chord strums on the first beat of each measure, and emphasize them. For example, your first two recorded lead-in notes are played on beats 3 and, then the F chord is strummed on beat 1 of the next measure.

Last edited:
Hello again Wally,
Good job. Keep posting these, as they push me to think a bit. Amazing Grace is in 3/4 time. You've got everything there, but try to play the chord strums on the first beat of each measure, and emphasize them. For example, your first two recorded lead-in notes are played on beats 3 and, then the F chord is strummed on beat 1 of the next measure.
Good point. I also tend to get that backwards.

Hello again Wally,
Thanks, tried the dud on last piece, must say sounded better.

Thanks, tried the dud on last piece, must say sounded better.
On the last piece, Stairway to Heaven, the last chord in your intro is strummed "down up up" to replicate Zep's timing.

I just made a quick and dirty demo recording of what you're playing on Amazing Grace, with the chords on beat 1 of each measure. I hammer-on some notes for texture.
Audio for Wally

On the last piece, Stairway to Heaven, the last chord in your intro is strummed "down up up" to replicate Zep's timing.

I just made a quick and dirty demo recording of what you're playing on Amazing Grace, with the chords on beat 1 of each measure. I hammer-on some notes for texture.
Audio for Wally
Thanks very helpfu, gives the piece more texture👍

Top Bottom