Shipping
Included
Size
Concert

thegadgetfish

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I’ve gone a bit off the deep end. Anyways, these seem hard to find but I figured i’d give it a shot anyways!

I know this is a more common wood combo for the Tenor & Baritone scales, but my hand feels much more comfortable in the concert scale.

If anyone is thinking of getting rid of theirs, please let me know! Otherwise i’ll save up and grab one from Aloha City Ukes.

I’ve heard mixes things about the Terry Carter store so I was avoiding it, but that is a good price!!

It’s incredibly hard deciding between the two, I wish there was a way to test them both out! I’ve read that some of the Pono necks were uncomfortable, is that still the case with the ‘Oli?

The TC physical store is 2 hours away so i’m debating driving over this weekend.

I think it's the tenor and baritone necks that are thicker due to the truss rods. The concert scale doesn't have the rod but is still a C shaped neck. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong .

most of my ukuleles have been bought sight unseen and my recommendation is to always try to see/play/hear an instrument in person if possible. there's so much to comfort, action, tone...so many things to take in that even with an in person audition you won't find out. but at least you can experience a lot of an instruments qualities once it's in your hands.

good luck with your search! the 'Oli's do look very nice :)

I have Oli L1 mango and a Oli L2 cedar rosewood both tenors. Both are great! Do not rule out the L1 line they do not have arm bevel or binding bling but they do have sound! At 800 are hard to beat.

Another TC store question, the listing says "** NOTE - THIS ITEM IS SOLD "AS-IS"", which is kind of suspicious? Is this standard for the store? It certainly looks new in the photos. I've tried calling a few times, and sent an email (I checked and it's during store hours), but no response yet.

Looking through their Koaloha inventory and I see quite a few labeled as-is. I did ask them a couple days ago about one and why it was label as such. They said it was a discontinued model and were pricing it accordingly. I didn't believe that. They later said it was new with no issues.

Huh.. well that sure is an answer I wouldn’t be happy with. The Cedar Bird tenor they have doesn’t have the as-is label. Luckily the sale ends Sunday evening so still have some time to mull it over. Maybe they’ll have a response by then!

Another TC store question, the listing says "** NOTE - THIS ITEM IS SOLD "AS-IS"", which is kind of suspicious? Is this standard for the store? It certainly looks new in the photos. I've tried calling a few times, and sent an email (I checked and it's during store hours), but no response yet.

Looking through their Koaloha inventory and I see quite a few labeled as-is. I did ask them a couple days ago about one and why it was label as such. They said it was a discontinued model and were pricing it accordingly. I didn't believe that. They later said it was new with no issues.
There may be shops that I would give the benefit of a doubt to... NOT this one!

There are many documented issues on a 48 page thread revolving around this retail shop:

Yeah it was a BS answer but I'm thinking the CS rep really doesn't know what's going on out on the floor.

Top Bottom