New Uke Day (NUD) Anuenue Moonbird Baritone

Contrails

Reaction score
I got this during my visit to Hawaii from Kalei at the ukulelesite in end Nov but have been so busy over the holiday period I actually haven’t played it much. It was a bit of an impromptu purchase. I am still not used to the wide string spacing. My fretting fingers more often than not lands off the strings. And am adjusting to the scale length as well. Since there are not many sound samples out there I thought I would share some here. I changed the strings to PHD strings and the 4th is a wound guitar string(Augustine). I think the original strings are daddarios. It is tuned like the first 4 strings of a terz guitar, which I think is close to the sweet spot for this body size. I won’t bore you guys with the whole songs so here are some short clips of various tunes.

Last edited:
I think you got yourself somewhat of a unicorn. At least for the time being. There are probably only couple of these out there :) Looks gorgeous, sounds gorgeous. Good playing too, congrats :)

Baritone Moonbird? I didn't even know you could do that?! haha

Lovely playing and a lovely instrument. Congratulations! May it bless You and many others.

Top Bottom