Ask the person after you a random question

My voice...my progress at uke playing...the fact that I've gone from being lazy and unfit to being strong enough to ruck for 2 hours on rough hill terrain with a 75lb backpack on

List 3 things that make you laugh?

1. The antics of young animals.
2. News headlines.
3. My husband.

List 3 things that make you sigh.

Going back a couple steps: DeNiro is better than Pacino. He's got a lot of range to his acting.

[edited because I was beaten to the punch!]
This year... I'd like to hire another driving instructor (but, we've been trying to do that for 3 years!), I need to finish reorganizing my garage, and I have a car that I need to sell.

When was the last time you turned on a television or computer monitor with a CRT (picture tube) screen?

I'm pretty sure the hotels and cruise ships we've stayed at all changed to flat panel TV before we did at home, which was 2010. I know the year because we moved houses and I didn't take any CRT TVs with us. Among all our friends and family, we were the last to switch to flat panel TV. I switched to LCD monitors before I switched the TVs to flat panels. So, with good certainty, it was in 2010 (or 13 years ago).

Do you still own a physical media movie collection (e.g. DVD, VHS, etc.) ?

I'm pretty sure the hotels and cruise ships we've stayed at all changed to flat panel TV before we did at home, which was 2010. I know the year because we moved houses and I didn't take any CRT TVs with us. Among all our friends and family, we were the last to switch to flat panel TV. I switched to LCD monitors before I switched the TVs to flat panels. So, with good certainty, it was in 2010 (or 13 years ago).

Do you still own a physical media movie collection (e.g. DVD, VHS, etc.) ?
I got my first flat panel TV just before the pandemic hit. The old TV I had was still working until then. My parents have a TV that is at least 30 years old, but it still works. The converter box is annoying to use, but it does work.

Anyway, yes, I still have physical media. Earlier today I decided to throw out video tapes, but I do still use DVDs. I don’t have any streaming services.

I also still buy music, (both CDs & digital music) instead of streaming.

What is the most enjoyable thing you’ve done so far this year?

I finally got around to organizing the 8” high stack of new harp music that I’ve acquired over the past 4-5 years. Don’t know if “enjoyable” is the right word to describe the process, but it certainly is very satisfying to know they have been added to my collection of music binders.

Joyful Uke, re-reading my response to your question made me realize that I really need to get out of the house more … :)

What task have you finally accomplished that you were really dreading?

I'm staring at it right now. It's snowing like crazy this morning. Seems like it's been doing this for days now. Gotta go out and shovel again.

Dread's not the word for this.

What did you have for breakfast today? Steel cut oats and coffee for me.

I quit regularly eating breakfast in 1987. My first meal of the day is lunch (doesn't hurt that I'm normally in bed until 10am), and I had my usual mixed greens salad with lots of stuff on it (avocado, blueberries, peppers, tomato, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries). Today, there was no lettuce in the fridge, so my wife went and picked some from her garden. Freshest. Salad. Ever.

How old were you when you realized that you were totally clueless until you were at least 35?

LOL. I'm still totally clueless, I fear. But at least I know that much, (I think.)

How many tabs do you have open in your web browser?

Whoa... okay, you asked.

I have a group named Docs with 6 tabs open.
I have a group named Uke with 13 tabs open.
I have a group named Uke 2 with 16 tabs open.
I have a group named Uke 3 with 34 tabs open.
I have a group named Bike with 14 tabs open.
Then I have 14 additional tabs open.

Most of the uke stuff is song sheets, but also my chord finder and several videos.

It's a wonder my browser doesn't explode regularly!

Do you turn your computer off daily, or leave it on stand-by or sleep/hibernate? (I never turn mine off except to reboot it.)

Going back a couple steps: DeNiro is better than Pacino. He's got a lot of range to his acting.

[edited because I was beaten to the punch!]
This year... I'd like to hire another driving instructor (but, we've been trying to do that for 3 years!), I need to finish reorganizing my garage, and I have a car that I need to sell.

When was the last time you turned on a television or computer monitor with a CRT (picture tube) screen?
Thanks for the reply to my earlier question, LorenFL (y) Agreed on DeNiro’s range.

My computer gets turned off daily. The tablet on the other hand...mostly stand-by!

Sticky hot summer or freezing cold winter?

Neither, both bore me.

Favorite horror movie?

The Exorcist.

Best time in high school or college?

College (university), most definitely! :)

(For those who have already done so…) At what age did you peak?

I don't think we have just one peak.

Stupidest thing you've done?

Tried to see if Scotch tape was flammable by sticking some to my finger and lighting it in fire. Ouch.

Do you have a favorite mug at home? What’s on it?

Current favorite mug is a Beatles Yellow Submarine mug. Colorful, fun.

If you had a week where you could do anything at all, with no need to even do regular chores like laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, what would you do?

Current favorite mug is a Beatles Yellow Submarine mug. Colorful, fun.

If you had a week where you could do anything at all, with no need to even do regular chores like laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, what would you do?
I'd take a trip to Mongolia and hopefully meet the tribal hunters and their huge eagles.

You can pick your nose in one location anywhere...which do you choose?

Top Bottom