Ask the person after you a random question

Watching Robert Klein sing "Can't Stop My Leg" made me want to sing the blues.

When did TV become a serious social venue?

I think TV was always a social activity, (not sure how it's a venue specifically though.) People have always gathered together to watch TV, (though less so now that people use their own devices for streaming), and discussed what they watched.

Any special plans for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend?

Yes! My brother will visiting on Memorial Day weekend!!! He’s the only immediate family I have left and he lives in Vancouver, BC, so we don’t get to see each all that much. But he (and his wife, two dogs, one cat, an ATV, and a big truck towing an even bigger RV) will be stopping by for a 3-day visit as he makes his way to the Oregon Coast for a two week stay. Not quite sure what we’ll be doing, but I’m sure it will involve good food and lots of talking. :)

Not counting your parent/s, who is (or was) your favorite relative?

That would be my older cousin. (Not that much older.) We would climb trees, share roller skates (one footed skating) and generally get into all kinds of mischief.

Favorite place(s) to visit?

O'Fiach's. My favourite pub. Serves Kilkenny's on draught.

What's your favourite drink?

Ahhh, fajitas in a sizzling iron pan, ahhh!

Best time of day?

The best time of the day is when I get to play ukulele.

Do you have any recurring dreams?

Every day!

Because, every day, my life is the same nightmare 😁...

Favourite day of the week? (You can guess mine 😁)

Every month has its ups and downs for all kinds of reasons. The best month is one where family and friends are healthy and safe, and things seem to be going smoothly.

Best time of day to play ukulele?

Somewhere over the mountain.

Your favorite ukulele food?

My ukulele only eats strings.

Is milk supposed to come out of the carton in chunks? Maybe expiration dates mean something.

I think buttermilk is supposed to be chunky. Try organic milk. That stuff seems to last forever!

I'm considering changing my 5-string from double G to double A with Low G. Should I?

YouTube. I've mostly replaced TV time with YouTube. There was a time in the earlier days of cable TV when you could watch the Science Channel or the Discovery Channel or whatever and actually learn interesting things. Prior to that, it was mostly PBS that would give you that kind of entertainment. Now, I can go to YouTube and find my own microcosm of stuff to entertain myself. It's a weird mix of science, fabrication, old cars, music, comedy and news.

I was going to answer ukulele playing, but I don't consider that a waste of time.

When you vacuum your carpet, do you leave it with nice straight lines, or all willy-nilly like laser beams all over? My wife is haphazard with a vacuum (and doesn't do as thorough of a job), I'm very precise and hit each part of the floor slowly, and at least twice, leaving a nice regular pattern. I think I learned this when I was working cleaning an medical building at some point. It resonated with my OCD.

YouTube. I've mostly replaced TV time with YouTube. There was a time in the earlier days of cable TV when you could watch the Science Channel or the Discovery Channel or whatever and actually learn interesting things. Prior to that, it was mostly PBS that would give you that kind of entertainment. Now, I can go to YouTube and find my own microcosm of stuff to entertain myself. It's a weird mix of science, fabrication, old cars, music, comedy and news.

I was going to answer ukulele playing, but I don't consider that a waste of time.

When you vacuum your carpet, do you leave it with nice straight lines, or all willy-nilly like laser beams all over? My wife is haphazard with a vacuum (and doesn't do as thorough of a job), I'm very precise and hit each part of the floor slowly, and at least twice, leaving a nice regular pattern. I think I learned this when I was working cleaning an medical building at some point. It resonated with my OCD.
Step 1: consider the ramifications of my actions. Straight lines tend to have a nice uniformed appearance. However, it does take longer. Step 1 complete. Step 2: consume enough adult beverages to remove the straight lines option. Step 2 complete. Step 3: Explain why nothing was done today. Step 3 in progress.

Are ufos really angels and demons?

By coincidence, I’m currently watching (on YouTube, which has replaced my TV time also) a John Oliver segment on UFOs. Angels and demons haven’t been mentioned yet.

What is something that you’ve enjoyed on YouTube recently?

Top Bottom