Ask the person after you a random question

Reuben.

What multi-player games have you played in the last week? Can be anything you consider fun, e.g. pickup basketball, chess, etc.

Farkle with my 7 year old. It’s a dice press-your-luck game.

If a school bus has its stop sign and red blinkers signaling, but there’s a median/turn lane, can you drive pass the bus going in the opposite direction?

Your question has poor syntax. (driving instructor here) You're addressing a median and turn lane as the same thing, and that's not always the case.

If there is a physical barrier between you and the bus (a concrete median, a grass median, some kind of a curb) then you would not have to stop for the bus. If it's just open flat pavement (like a typical "shared turn lane") with no physical barrier between you and the bus, then ALL lanes in both directions must stop.

That's the law in FL, I suspect it's the same everywhere. Highly recommend that you look it up to be sure.

What's the dumbest place you've seen a school bus stop? I've seen them locally on a 6-lane busy street with a shared turn lane. 6 lanes of traffic stopping (supposedly) for a school bus. And then, just last week, I saw one on US-19... 8 lanes of traffic with a median... but, still... 4 lanes of traffic in one direction, speed limit of 55, known to be the worst road for traffic in our area. I think there are places where it would make a lot more sense to have the bus turn onto a side street to make a safer stop.

If a school bus has its stop sign and red blinkers signaling, but there’s a median/turn lane, can you drive pass the bus going in the opposite direction?
Since you're in WA, yes. Se RCW 46.61.370 . Other jurisdictions may differ.
(3) The driver of a vehicle upon a highway with three or more marked traffic lanes need not stop upon meeting a school bus which is proceeding in the opposite direction and is stopped for the purpose of receiving or discharging school children.

What's the scariest cheesy monster in movies & TV?

Whoops. Loren snuck in while I was typing. Interesting how different the FL and WA laws are here.

What's the dumbest place you've seen a school bus stop? I've seen them locally on a 6-lane busy street with a shared turn lane. 6 lanes of traffic stopping (supposedly) for a school bus. And then, just last week, I saw one on US-19... 8 lanes of traffic with a median... but, still... 4 lanes of traffic in one direction, speed limit of 55, known to be the worst road for traffic in our area. I think there are places where it would make a lot more sense to have the bus turn onto a side street to make a safer stop.

Similar, but not quite as dumb in WA: there's a stop on 5 lane wide road by a major company and freeway exit at commute time. Because people don't know they don't need to stop in the other direction this causes major gridlock. Or at least it used to. Not so much traffic there anymore.

And repeating:
What's the scariest cheesy monster in movies & TV?

Diff in state laws driving laws can be interesting, indeed. That one is more different than I expected, but still basically the same.

Anyhow... I always thought the cheesiest movie "monster" was the Invisible Man. I never gave it any thought when I was a kit, he was just invisible, and that was cool! But, really... to be invisible, he also has to be naked. And that's just funny!

Okay, since we're on the topic of driving, and that's my job...

If you are teaching, have taught, or would ever teach someone to drive... would you take the time to read your state's driver's handbook first? And if you KNEW you had bad habits that could be improved upon, would you consider taking a driving lesson or two to help you identify and correct your bad habits BEFORE teaching them to someone else? (Asking for 100 million friends... soooo many children learning bad habits and wrong information from their parents, and the parents have NO inclination to learn or improve themselves. A parent could take a few lessons, teach their child better, and then the child would need fewer, or possibly NO lessons. But, nobody ever thinks to do it that way.)

Sad to say no. At the time in my life I like a lot of male drivers thought I knew it all. Now days I'm very aware of the dangers of teaching the wrong things to others.

And so, on the subject of teaching, how about the "Hawaiian" method of teaching/learning where the student learns by observing how it's done.

The few covers I do, I learned them that way. I just watched the musician's fingers and copied them.

Why do I want a 12-stringed ukulele?

Terminator 2.

Would you like to see the High Arctic?

Two would be too much?

Where do countries keep their armies?

(up their sleevies)

Last edited:
Went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. Waitress comes to table and spoke to me. I replied "Sorry, I don't speak Japanese". She spoke again; and I again replied "I don't speak Japanese". After the waitress left; coworker tells me that she was speaking English.

Do you think you're smart?

Went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. Waitress comes to table and spoke to me. I replied "Sorry, I don't speak Japanese". She spoke again; and I again replied "I don't speak Japanese". After the waitress left; coworker tells me that she was speaking English.

Do you think you're smart?
Anyone who likes ukuleles is smart, right?

Do you watch the Academy Awards and have you seen any of the movies?

Had them running in the background while cleaning and packing.

We saw Everything Everywhere All At Once, Avatar, and Black Panther in the theater and thought EEAAO deserving of everything it won. We've had Tár and Top Gun on the to-watch list, but missed them in the theater and haven't gotten to them yet.

How do you feel about breakfast for dinner? We had sourdough waffles.

I think if it works you then it works for you. Personally, I've never cared too much about categorizing food as "breakfast", "lunch", "dinner" etc. It's just food.

Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Yes, always. (after the ending)

First movie you saw?

I assume you mean "in a theater".

I remember seeing some drive-in movies as a kid. In particular... Jungle Book comes to mind. But, the first movie I think I saw in an actual theater was probably Moonraker. (Roger Moore as James Bond) That was 1979 when I was 11-12 years old.

What hurts right now? (my left knee, dang it!)

Top Bottom