Sold Barron River soprano ukulele (King Billy Pine / Australian Blackwood) with Misi pickup

Price
US$850
Shipping
Included
Size
Soprano

Jane-ukey

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
UPDATE: Raw sound sample video now uploaded -

This exquisite soprano is made by luthier Allen McFarlen from Barron River Ukuleles. It has a beautifully sweet and full tone courtesy of its King Billy (Huon) Pine soundboard and Australian Blackwood back and side. This little uke is a delight to play! It has standard tuned strings with a high G.

PLEASE NOTE: I have just realised that there is a small ding (approx. 3mm in diameter) in the gloss finish which happened when I took it to a festival a few weeks ago (see photos below for close up of the ding). In light of that I have dropped the price substantially.

I bought it in 2019 from the Ukulele Site But it was made by Allen in 2015. I had a Misi active pickup installed and the uke comes with a Misi charger that will give you up to 8 hrs performance time from a one minute charge.

If you haven’t come across King Billy or Huon Pine before, it can be broadly characterised as restrained but with tremendous sustain and great richness and depth in the overtone content over all ranges, with very similar qualities to New Zealand Kauri in terms of headroom and response.

Paypal payment only accepted

Size: soprano
Frets-to-Body: 14
Back & Side Wood: Australian Blackwood
Top Wood: King Billy Pine
Finish: Gloss
End Pin/Pickup: Misi
Fourth String: High-G
Includes premium hard case

64D8DA62-F520-4BE6-923F-324765F1A00A.jpegDD4945B8-224B-4FB3-9915-AC75F1C1381F.jpegF48F2888-B561-4A68-B8A6-0F897B76A74F.jpegB20531D1-5D63-41BB-B25F-F526AEB9386D.jpeg4D57D48C-AB67-449B-8375-7E68A2A1693C.jpeg85E3F28F-8037-4779-BCC9-E704EEC3E041.jpeg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Raw sound sample video now uploaded -

This exquisite soprano is made by luthier Allen McFarlen from Barron River Ukuleles. It has a beautifully sweet and full tone courtesy of its King Billy (Huon) Pine soundboard and Australian Blackwood back and side. This little uke is a delight to play! It has standard tuned strings with a high G.

PLEASE NOTE: I have just realised that there is a small ding (approx. 3mm in diameter) in the gloss finish which happened when I took it to a festival a few weeks ago (see photos below for close up of the ding). In light of that I have dropped the price substantially.

I bought it in 2019 from the Ukulele Site But it was made by Allen in 2015. I had a Misi active pickup installed and the uke comes with a Misi charger that will give you up to 8 hrs performance time from a one minute charge.

If you haven’t come across King Billy or Huon Pine before, it can be broadly characterised as restrained but with tremendous sustain and great richness and depth in the overtone content over all ranges, with very similar qualities to New Zealand Kauri in terms of headroom and response.

Paypal payment only accepted

Size: soprano
Frets-to-Body: 14
Back & Side Wood: Australian Blackwood
Top Wood: King Billy Pine
Finish: Gloss
End Pin/Pickup: Misi
Fourth String: High-G
Includes premium hard case

View attachment 170208View attachment 170209View attachment 170210View attachment 170211View attachment 170212View attachment 170207

Price drop - a quick sale is a good sale, right?

That’s an outlandishly low price for a BR. Are you sure you don’t wanna keep it? You might regret letting it go. I’d jump on this if (1) it were a concert and (2) I didn’t already have a Barron River concert!

Maybe people outside of AUS are worrying about having it shipped to them? I can't think of any other reason that this hasn't sold. Barron River ukuleles are great ukuleles and this is an amazing price for one.

Those of us who have had a BR shipped to us from AUS all had the ukulele arrive safely. Allen told me that he had never had a problem shipping one to someone.

I had an ukulele shipped from a UU member from Singapore with absolutely no problems, I'm sure shipping from AUS would be equally reasonable. And if you're concerned, pay a little extra for added insurance. This is a beautiful instrument.

That’s an outlandishly low price for a BR. Are you sure you don’t wanna keep it? You might regret letting it go. I’d jump on this if (1) it were a concert and (2) I didn’t already have a Barron River concert!
I actually have another BR baritone that is my main performance uke. I virtually never play the soprano and I do need to rationalise my ukulele collection so while it is sad to let it go, it definitely has to happen.

I was just playing my BR concert ukulele and thinking about this soprano up for sale. It's surprising to me that no one has bought this yet. (I don't play soprano, but I'm sure that the soprano is as wonderful as my concert.)

Top Bottom