Been playing ukulele for a few months. Already bought my second one. :3

BiosphereDecay

Island Punk Rock
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've wanted to collect instruments since I was a teen. Now 15 or so years later, I think I've finally started my collection. I really want a guitalele and banjo too, and maybe a bass. I kinda have a thing for small high pitched instruments. I have an ocarina and a tongue drum too.

I'm disabled from a car wreck, but I still write lyrics and sing with a fast paced, pseudo-rough-vocal style. I'm focusing all of my spare time on ukulele, hoping to play it along with my singing in the future.

Folk punk is my favorite genre.

Oh yeah, my name is Eris. o/

Welcome Eris. I know the fun in "collecting", but with instruments, you want to be "playing" too, to really get the enjoyment. It can become a life-long passion, which can be a wonderful thing in your life. I hope you are doing that too. Good luck! 👍

Welcome Eris. I know the fun in "collecting", but with instruments, you want to be "playing" too, to really get the enjoyment. It can become a life-long passion, which can be a wonderful thing in your life. I hope you are doing that too. Good luck!
👍
Thats what I got them for. I practice daily, but can't afford lessons, so my progress is hard to gauge. Being disabled also makes the playing part hard. My pinky is simply too weak to use, which has definitely held me back.

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Eris!
So sorry to hear of permanent damage following a car incident, but I'm very glad that you have found the uke. I wish you lots of joy making music, and let us know if you are ready to share your compositions (YouTube, SoundCloud, etc).

Welcome to the UU Forum Eris. You seem well on your way to collecting ukuleles.

I hope you can strengthen your pinky over time. But there are lots of workarounds that don't require its use.

Tons of YouTube lessons available as are other free resources. Hopefully, you'll find some that will work for you.

Enjoy your ukes.

Welcome to UU, Eris! Curious.. what ukes didja get so far?
My parents got me a tenor Enya Nova U Pro for my birthday. Pretty sure I want to put a low G on it. I bought myself a cheaper Aklot acoustic electric soprano, because I wanted to try lower string tension. The low tension is definitely waaaay easier for my weak fingers, but the smaller fret space makes some chords harder, some easier.

As cool as the Enya Nova looks, I wish my tenor had an electric option too.

Welcome, Eris! We're glad you're here. I didn't know how much I'd find when I signed up a few months back. Enjoy! Look forward to hearing your originals.

Top Bottom