Sold BIG Price Drop - Cocobolo Ukuleles Long Neck Concert

Price
$350
Shipping
Included, with insurance. Ships to CONUS only.
Size
Long Neck Concert

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Had to buy this one when I saw it on Reverb because of all the raves I've seen here about Cocobolo ukuleles. It's a great build, with a wonderful matte finish, and extremely nice tone. It's just that my repeated attempts to comfortably play anything bigger than a longneck soprano all end up in the same place -- here, on the marketplace.

Exceptionally nice looking grain pattern on both the top and back of this one -- a mixed bag with the Cocobolos I've seen, but this one's really sweet.

I'm not the original owner, and there is allegedly a pickup installed (I know NOTHING about pickups, as I don't play plugged in), although I don't see the telltale switch/wheel inside the sound hole -- there is a pickup plug/strap button on the bottom. No idea whether it works, or the make of it, sorry...

There is some A-string side shine next to the sound hole on this one, and a very fine crack (not sure if it's grain only, or all the way through, at the back bottom (photographed)...

Nice fast neck, and feels as playable as a non-guitar guy who struggles with anything larger than sopranos could hope for.

Asking $XXX, shipped to CONUS only.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3328.jpeg
    IMG_3328.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
All reasonable offers considered. Was difficult to decide what would be a fair price on this one…

Slotted headstock is rare on Cocobolos.

Dropped AGAIN to $375!!! This is a steal for a tenor scale player, or for someone just looking to get started with tenor scale, and a smaller bodied instrument.

Don't think there's zero interest
I'm still thinking

Last edited:
This has to be the best deal on the marketplace by a wiiiiiiddddee margin. These Cocobolo are absolutely flawlessly constructed and not only have an incredible sound, but ... and I struggle to describe this ... but I'd say multiple voices that can be quite easily pulled out of them. The most underrated brand on the market (IMHO), I think largely due to the (somewhat) difficulty of getting your hands on one and it seems like folks are mostly interested in ukes that Corey/Kalei have made sound samples of. And this one with the tiger stripes and split headstock is beautiful. I don't know the OP or have any skin this game, but some concert+ scale player needs to scoop this one up. The only question will be how many of your existing ukes you'll want to sell after getting this one.

This has to be the best deal on the marketplace by a wiiiiiiddddee margin. These Cocobolo are absolutely flawlessly constructed and not only have an incredible sound, but ... and I struggle to describe this ... but I'd say multiple voices that can be quite easily pulled out of them. The most underrated brand on the market (IMHO), I think largely due to the (somewhat) difficulty of getting your hands on one and it seems like folks are mostly interested in ukes that Corey/Kalei have made sound samples of. And this one with the tiger stripes and split headstock is beautiful. I don't know the OP or have any skin this game, but some concert+ scale player needs to scoop this one up. The only question will be how many of your existing ukes you'll want to sell after getting this one.
Don’t disagree with any of this, and it has already sold!

Top Bottom