BJ Penn or GSP POLL

BJ Penn or GSP

• BJ "The Prodigy" Penn

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Damn, the thing about my blackberry is I can't watch youtube vids. I think its interesting they picked BJ. I wonder if they saw UFC primetime.
If the same BJ and the same GSP fought, BJ would win. I honestly think its a toss up this time. I just thought, "you know what would be interesting?" If GSP submits BJ, since he was saying he's never quit.

There are only a few fighters that other fighters talk about like that

1. Fedor
2. BJ Penn
3. Kid Yamamoto

GSP and Anderson Silva are both on the bubble of that group, but those 3 are the guys that other fighters talk about like they are on another level.

BJ is better than GSP in all areas of the game except wrestling and cardio. He has crisper boxing, KO power, a tremendous advantage in the ground game, a ridiculous sprawl and take down defense, and a solid chin (never been KO'ed).

GSP is not going to submit or knock BJ out. The only way I see GSP winning is outwrestling BJ and playing top control for 3 of the 5 rounds for a decision. But even that is not going to be easy. He'll have to push BJ in the first 2 and not absorb too much damage and take him into the championship rounds and hope BJ's blows his load and is gassed by the 3rd.

unfortunately i predict that bj will win this. He is the superior fighter in all aspects as ryan stated. Gsp might've won their last fight, but he went to the hospital afterwards whereas BJ went to a party. He is a big jerk though so I'm hoping that GSP can pull off the upset.

There are only a few fighters that other fighters talk about like that

1. Fedor
2. BJ Penn
3. Kid Yamamoto

GSP and Anderson Silva are both on the bubble of that group, but those 3 are the guys that other fighters talk about like they are on another level.

BJ is better than GSP in all areas of the game except wrestling and cardio. He has crisper boxing, KO power, a tremendous advantage in the ground game, a ridiculous sprawl and take down defense, and a solid chin (never been KO'ed).

GSP is not going to submit or knock BJ out. The only way I see GSP winning is outwrestling BJ and playing top control for 3 of the 5 rounds for a decision. But even that is not going to be easy. He'll have to push BJ in the first 2 and not absorb too much damage and take him into the championship rounds and hope BJ's blows his load and is gassed by the 3rd.

I dunno man, maybe before, but Yamamoto's been off the radar for the past 2-3 years... he's barely mentioned. i loved watching him fight back during the Hero's days, but now he's lucky that Dana wants to bring him to the WEC. Either way, Miguel Torres would murder him...

I was driving home and was listening to talk radio, JIM ROME. BJ was on the phone talking about the fight this weekend. Man, from how he sounded and what he was saying it looks like he's a new man. No more crazy club parties and alcohol usage. He said he was, "Living like a champion". IDK, I have heard him say that before. So we shall see. In all, it will be a great fight. GSP is a great fighter and I have the most respect for him. I'm an islander and there's no otha choice. BJ "THE PRODIGY" Penn all the way. OKAY USA!

I dunno man, maybe before, but Yamamoto's been off the radar for the past 2-3 years... he's barely mentioned. i loved watching him fight back during the Hero's days, but now he's lucky that Dana wants to bring him to the WEC. Either way, Miguel Torres would murder him...

Kid vs Miguel Torres would be awesome. Miguel is one of my favorite fighters although I think Kid fights at 145 now so he would be fighting Mike Thomas Brown and Urijah Faber who I both think will lose to Jose Aldo. Kid hasn't been fighting because of his recent Marijuana party scandal in japan and FEG's sponsors do not want him on any card so he's essentially stuck in limbo. He wants to fight in the WEC but theres no way they can match what he gets paid in Japan which is close to $1M / fight.

Anyways, BJ PENN!

I gotta put my 2 cents in this...but BJ baby...all day. Man how long has it been since I posted. Anyway, BJ. When you look at all the talk, everyone says BJ, if he comes in shape. GSP is the better athlete, but come on, it's BJ. Don't get me wrong. I like GSP, but BJ will have to make some kind of mistake that GSP would need to capitalize on to win.

Ryan...I'd like to see Urijah and Kid also. I've been telling people to look him up the past couple of years. It would be a great fight. Urijah is a stud. I haven't heard too much from Kid lately, but if he puts it down like he did before his elbow injury...It would be nice.

BTW...my mancrush..aka bromance (no I'm not da kine), Fedor is a stud, you see him knockout Arlovski in mid-air? I haven't seen Fedor that wobbled since his Fujita fight.

BJ got jacked up... sorry BJ.

good for you, GSP.

watched the fight at a sport bar and the local guys were screaming, "f*** em up, BJ!!!!"

it was fun times and then the beating started.

joel

GSP, had a great game plan. He let it out in his post fight interview. Get BJ into a wrestling fight to negate his punching, and get his shoulders tired. He did it. I don't think I saw any combos thrown by BJ after the 2nd round. In fact, looking at him, BJ looked gassed in the middle of the 2nd. Wow, I never would've expected BJ to go out like that. I expected to see an epic battle.
Should GSP go up in weight and go against the Spider? Anderson's a stud, that would be another nice fight.

I cannot believe he quit. dont come back home, BJ. calling GSP a quitter then throwing in the towel.

He didn't quit, his brother called it for him. It was the right choice. BJ was getting mauled and he had nothing left.

GSP, great gameplan that was perfectly executed. He used his weight and wrestling to clinch with BJ for 1.5 rounds essentially making BJ hold him up for 1 and a half rounds. This tired out BJ's arms and legs nullifying his jab and footwork. From there he could take BJ down move from guard to side control and post up and lay down some vicious ground and pound. Once he got that in his head, BJ stood flat footed and got pinged in the face instead. When he tried to defend the striking he got taken down. He beat BJ down worse than any person BJ has ever fought in his life.

There are some BJ fans making excuses for him again saying he was injured, or that GSP greased his back, I don't think any of these things were a factor in the loss. BJ just got straight up owned by someone who the better, more complete fighter.

Heres the paydays from the NSAC. These don't include locker room bonuses and a large percentage of these paydays will go to medical bills, managers fees, training partner fees etc.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

Georges St. Pierre $400,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn $125,000 (win bonus would have been $125,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

Lyoto Machida $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Thiago Silva $29,000 (win bonus would have been $29,000)

Jon Jones $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Stephan Bonnar $22,000 (win bonus would have been $22,000)

Karo Parisyan $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Dong Hyun Kim $26,000 (win bonus would have been $26,000)

Clay Guida $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Nate Diaz $20,000 (win bonus would have been $20,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

Jon Fitch $68,000 (includes $34,000 win bonus) def. Akihiro Gono $28,000 (win bonus would have been $28,000)

Thiago Tavares $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus) def. Manny Gamburyan $14,000 (win bonus would have been $14,000)

John Howard $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Chris Wilson $15,000 (win bonus would have been $15,000)

Dan Cramer $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Matt Arroyo $8,000 (win bonus would have been $8,000)

UFC 94 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,057,000

*EDIT*
Lyoto took him $65k KO of the night bonus. Nate Diaz, Clay Guida, John Howard, and Chris Wilson took home $65k each for Fights of the Night bonuses.

Last edited:
2cftg0m.gif

He didn't quit, his brother called it for him. It was the right choice. BJ was getting mauled and he had nothing left.

i read that GSP's corner vaselined up his body. I also heard that BJ had a stomach ache, and he went to the hospital after the fight. I read in the paper that "it is unclear whether Herb Dean called the fight based on advice from the doctor or if BJ and his corner said their fighter had enough."

i wonder how much is true.

i was bummed BJ lost as well. but after the first round it didnt look like he wanted to really fight. i thought that he was going to come back in the second round, he didnt.

i was talking with Duane, he said that BJ's mom bet on him, and lost 3 mill. :-/

crazy rich family.

all in all; i think BJ should stay lightweight and own everyone there.

Top Bottom