Price
$375
Shipping
free to CONUS
Size
soprano

MRP!

Reaction score
Lovely Hawaiian soprano with beautiful solid koa body. It has very light wear and is in great shape. Previous owner modified the headstock, including swapping out the tuners so there are plugged holes on the back of the headstock where the original tuners had been. He also had a sticker on the headstock and a small amount of residue remains - it's difficult to notice unless your looking for it. Strung with Worth browns. Includes like-new hard case. Kept humidified in case in smoke-free home. Free shipping to CONUS. Venmo or Paypal F&F preferred (Paypal G&S is fine if buyer pays the fee). Email is peters_rich@hotmail.com Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1962.JPG
    IMG_1962.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1967.JPG
    IMG_1967.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1968.JPG
    IMG_1968.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 186
Not intended as criticism but the headstock seems a bit “short” compared to other Donaldson ukes. Any idea whether a previous owner shortened it?

@Oldscruggsfan - Regarding your headstock question, I purchased the soprano on this forum last year and the previous owner included this about the headstock modification in their description at that time:

"Uke Details: Open grained koa top back and sides. Open grained neck. Not sure if it is mahogany? I think this originally had geared tuners. Brad swapped them for friction tuners and you can see where the old holes were filled. This also had an exaggerated sail style headstock. One late night years ago (and never being a fan of the shape) I sanded it down to a flat top and rounded the sides. I think it look it turned out good and imo, looks better. In addition, intonation is spot on, action is low. No buzzing from my heavy hand and the string height at the nut seems perfect."

So I hope that’s informative. I know I have a lot of stories that begin with, “One late night years ago…” 😄

@Oldscruggsfan - Regarding your headstock question, I purchased the soprano on this forum last year and the previous owner included this about the headstock modification in their description at that time:

"Uke Details: Open grained koa top back and sides. Open grained neck. Not sure if it is mahogany? I think this originally had geared tuners. Brad swapped them for friction tuners and you can see where the old holes were filled. This also had an exaggerated sail style headstock. One late night years ago (and never being a fan of the shape) I sanded it down to a flat top and rounded the sides. I think it look it turned out good and imo, looks better. In addition, intonation is spot on, action is low. No buzzing from my heavy hand and the string height at the nut seems perfect."

So I hope that’s informative. I know I have a lot of stories that begin with, “One late night years ago…” 😄
Thanks. I once did the same to a banjo peg head. Mine turned out, eh, less well….

Lovely sound and looks! What is the nut width? Thank you.

Last edited:
I’m surprised this uke hasn’t sold and am also interested to know its nut width. Two thoughts/ suggestions:
1- Maybe post a couple more pics of the interior and exterior of the hard case (without the uke inside).
2- I’m mentioning Brad @BuzzBD per his first hand insight: Are the nut and saddle each cut from the same type of hardwood?

I’m surprised this uke hasn’t sold and am also interested to know its nut width. Two thoughts/ suggestions:
1- Maybe post a couple more pics of the interior and exterior of the hard case (without the uke inside).
2- I’m mentioning Brad @BuzzBD per his first hand insight: Are the nut and saddle each cut from the same type of hardwood?
Thanks @Oldscruggsfan - I'll take your advice on the pics :)

Top Bottom