For Sale Bradford Donaldson Koa Soprano

Price
$375
Shipping
free to CONUS
Size
soprano
The strings are Worth Browns, I'm a big fan of those with sopranos.

The answers so far had me wondering. In the sound clip I suspect that they are Martin M600 and in the original post I believe they are Worth BMโ€™s.

Fantastic sounding and great looking instrument. Brad makes some wonderful stuff ๐Ÿ‘.
Sound clip was by the previous owner, who replied with respect to the question about what strings were on it for the sound clip. The current owner has Worth Browns now installed.

Here are some more photos featuring the case. You can see I use a small piece of foam to keep the uke snug in the case. The case is in great shape and I like that it only requires 2 buckles - a little detail but I appreciate how quickly I can get it opened and/or secured.

Attachments

• IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2059.JPG
    IMG_2059.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2058.JPG
    IMG_2058.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2055.JPG
    IMG_2055.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 35
Lovely Hawaiian soprano with beautiful solid koa body. It has very light wear and is in great shape. Previous owner modified the headstock, including swapping out the tuners so there are plugged holes on the back of the headstock where the original tuners had been. He also had a sticker on the headstock and a small amount of residue remains - it's difficult to notice unless your looking for it. Strung with Worth browns. Includes like-new hard case. Kept humidified in case in smoke-free home. Free shipping to CONUS. Venmo or Paypal F&F preferred (Paypal G&S is fine if buyer pays the fee). Email is peters_rich@hotmail.com Thanks for looking!
I did the same thing with mine. The peg head shape is odd...real performer...very loud

I have one of Brad's Kumalae-style sopranos, with the original Sail head stock. He originally had friction tuners, I asked him to change them to Peghed brand. Lovely uke. I keep it in a Cross-rock fiberglass three-buckle case. Strings are the original black Hilo strings he used - I think they are nylon?

Ok UU community, you are clearly not doing enough to help me keep my no new ukes pledge๐Ÿ˜‰ (except for those who bought the Cocobolo soprano ukes at TUS before my willpower ran out). I have made it 13 days without buying a ukulele, but my will power will not hold out if this great uke does not sell soon. This is a really good price for a koa Donaldson ukulele. If I break down and buy it, I am blaming you all. ๐Ÿคช

Edit: The price drop on the Soprano AueNue Moonbird broke my willpower first :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok UU community, you are clearly not doing enough to help me keep my no new ukes pledge๐Ÿ˜‰ (except for those who bought the Cocobolo soprano ukes at TUS before my willpower ran out). I have made it 13 days without buying a ukulele, but my will power will not hold out if this great uke does not sell soon. This is a really good price for a koa Donaldson ukulele. If I break down and buy it, I am blaming you all. ๐Ÿคช
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

@SkeeterAB: I suggest you start the no new ukes pledge AFTER buying this one!

If I break down and buy it, I am blaming you all. ๐Ÿคช

Well, that is a risk I am willing to take!

(FWIW- great sounding uke at a great price from a great luthier. What's not to like?)

The koa is stunning in person and it plays as well as it looks. Definitely equivalent to any K brand $1000+ soprano that I've owned.

I bought his koa sopranino. I get that Iโ€™m new around here, but I do not understand why this one is still for sale.

I'll not only accept the blame, I'll be a Uke Enabler - You NEED to buy Bradford's soprano...

Top Bottom