Buzz only only the first fret of 2nd and 3rd string

matakazer

Reaction score
So, I bought this aNueNue Lani III(Tenor) which comes with Aquila strings a week ago. IDK if all along it was there, but I just noticed the buzz today.

What could be the causes? I suspect the 2nd fret bar, or what you call it, is a little higher than normal that's why.

I am waiting for the shop that I bought it from to reply me in the meanwhile. Hopefully it's covered in the 1 year warranty they said.

I have a stainless steel ruler that I use to check if the neck and/or frets are level. A good place to start. Checking the setup is always a good move if a new uke doesn't play properly. Lots of tutorials online including one at theukulelesite.com....or....you can return it.

Some strings just rattle and replacing them will fix it.

If not that, if you mean an "open string only buzz" as a first-fret only buzz that is often due to an incorrect nut - typically the slot may be too deep - I see this a lot as I'm a lefty and the nut conversion is sometimes not well executed.

Good luck!

sopher

I'd change strings before I get too worried. Once you fret a string, even at the 1st fret, the nut is no longer in play.

Also worth checking are the screws on the tuners, end pin (if any) and if there is a label inside that is not firmly glued ... all these can cause buzzes ... and sometime only at certain frequencies. Ask me how I know :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom