Care for a Natural finished uke

nicolec

Reaction score
Okay so I just pulled the trigger on a used Kanile’a tenor with the Natural finish (i will post a NUD when it arrives!). My other uke is gloss which I know can be more protective, anything I can do or should know maintenance wise to keep it in good condition? Besides having a humidifier that is. Thanks!

If you want something quick and easy, you could try linseed oil. I’ve sanded down the back of the neck on all my guitars & bass then applied around 10 coats of linseed oil. I would apply a coat, buff it out with 0000 steel wool, then let it cure for at least 24 hours. Then I would repeat the process. Never had any issues.

is natural akin to satin or matte? if so, I wouldn't do any polishing, but then again those finishes tend to get shiny in high wear spots
“UV cured, full protection polyester finish; no pore fill, one full spray of Natural product. If you love the natural feel and look of wood, this is the finish for you. The process for this finish requires the least amount of product on the instrument. The result – the best sounding, full-bodied instrument you can find”

That is the description from Kanilea

As you stated it's has a protective finish on it, just not high gloss. There is nothing to do other then wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth. You can clean it with a damp cloth from time to time. Oil will not adhere to the poly finish so don't apply oil to the body or neck

As you stated it's has a protective finish on it, just not high gloss. There is nothing to do other then wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth. You can clean it with a damp cloth from time to time. Oil will not adhere to the poly finish so don't apply oil to the body or neck
thanks! haha yeah after I read it I was like ....oh duh.

Top Bottom