Cats on the Peghead

BuzzBD

Reaction score
Customer wants some inlays of his cats on the peghead, here’s what I came up with. Also I am in discussion about building an archtop soprano. Smallest ones so far have been concerts, so I am excited about exploring that.
Brad
IMG_5402.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a cat batting its paw at a butterfly, with the other cat looking on? (Sorry, Brad, that's what popped into my head before I even saw your mock up.)

It should be nice regardless.

Also I am in discussion about building an archtop soprano. Smallest ones so far have been concerts, so I am excited about exploring that.

As a soprano fan, I would love to see and hear the results of this. Very cool idea

As a soprano fan, I would love to see and hear the results of this. Very cool idea
I have been thinking about trying this for a while, so I am excited about it. I have just learned that by bringing the sound holes/side ports to opposite sides of the top by the neck, I can drop the body resonance by two whole notes. It will be interesting to see how this works on a soprano.

My cat inlays look a lot better in person, it is hard to capture the pearl shell’s iridescence in pictures. Here’s a couple of attempts with the start of the archtop top of Sitka spruce.

Attachments

• IMG_5406.jpeg
    IMG_5406.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5405.jpeg
    IMG_5405.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5415.jpeg
    IMG_5415.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5414.jpeg
    IMG_5414.jpeg